Phantom Case alternative.

Reaction score
Having oommmed and ahhhhhed over the custom Phantom cases available I baulked at the initial cost and also the cost of getting them shipped to my location.

Even European Phantom Vendors were wanting between €100,- and €140,- for a case with foam that you had to cut yourself.

I found some reasonably priced ones in the UK but by the time I added shipping to Austria they were more expensive than the Phantom Vendors.

After much searching I came across these http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fotokoffer-trans ... Foto_Zubehör_Taschen_Schutzhüllen&hash=item58a062fe6f

I ordered 2 last Friday and they arrived today, €82,78 delivered.

They seem very robust with 4 clasps, 2 on the front edge and 1 on each side. Padlock points and a pressure release valve. Packed with foam: 2 layers of solid, 1 of pluckable and 1 egg box.

I've used 1 for the Phantom and the other for my batteries and charging equipment (Icharger 206B, Power Supply, parallel charging board, battery tester, Lipo Bags, ancillary cables, manuals etc.

A Peli case they aren't but perfectly suitable for my needs and a fraction of the price.

Thanks!!
I was looking for something like this.
So, the phantom fits right in that case? Is it big enough?
Could you send a picture with your phantom inside the case?
Thank you!

Nice and cheap, I'm interested. You can put any pictures? How did you sliced foam?
(My first post here ... :) )

Your first ebay link looks like a carbon copy of the one I got from Tradecraft cases for $129. Even the handle and ribs are the same, as well as the latches, and purge valve. The only difference is the foam.

Got my case from Farnells delivered (there only 10mins away as well) Some where I saw the pics of how someone designed and cut it out but can't find the link now.

Any idea's

Siddy

I'm looking for a smaller case for mine :)

Simensays_TV3_08.jpg

My Phantom Case ...

So I finally arrived in a new suitcase from eBay, so I embarked on a modification to "accommodate" the my Phantom.

A few notes:
- look as China Pelicans copy, but for a good price EUR 44 incl. DPD transport, supposedly waterproof, tough, with air balancing. valve (! yes, as in more expensive Pelikan), the exact size for the Phantom
- has three layers of foam, while the upper is already pre-perforated, which much facilitates the design and deployment of custom cutting (I sawed by Moulinex electric kitchen knife :) )
- strangely empty space on the right is reserved to Dominator goggles with accessories. (which I ordered on the way)
- came to me there yet everything I needed to put there, incl. stock Tx, FPV Rx + Tx (Instaled On the Phantom), LiPo 6x, 3 sets of spare Propellers, stock charger, any cables, main GoPro Hero3 Black camera incl. Skeleton Case + original DJI Phantom Housing, Gopro WiFi Remote Control etc etc. ..
- modification I have made with regard to new folding chassis (Designs by Simensays), whose components are partly of the way from China (carbon tubes), and partly "printed" now on the Shapeways 3D printer, so it was a bit of a challenge for finalyy design...

Attachments

• 2013-06-06-433.jpg
    2013-06-06-433.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 1,434

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.