Phantom "attacked" by green laser

Reaction score
Lol, not much of an attack but it was the first time someone applied "counter measures" to my Phantom2. Happens @ 1:40. To make the movie I combined GoPro flight video, DVR monitor video, ambient audio, and Flytrex Core data in RaceRender3.

Reaction score
Lol!! Yeah, he was expecting some privacy out there among all the people and goings-on.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Reaction score
Green lasers can damage cmos sensors. You were lucky!

Lucky, yes. But not in the way of being worried about the Phantom returning home.

These lasers might damage a camera, or a human eye, but they do not prevent a well versed pilot from bringing the aircraft home.

There are VERY specific laws concerning this in the United States. This could well be recompensed through legal channels had it of resulted in damage.

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
It is illegal to shine a green laser at aircraft in the USA and since the FAA deemed sUAV's as "aircraft" I would assume he was violating a federal law.

Sec. 39A. Aiming a laser pointer at an aircraft
(a) OFFENSE -- Whoever knowingly aims the beam of a laser pointer at an aircraft in the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States, or at the flight path of such an aircraft, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.

See here for federal & state laws concerning green lasers - http://www.laserpointersafety.com/rules-general/uslaws/uslaws.html

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V8starlet