Phantom and Drones on ABC Nightline now...

Reaction score
Awesome or not? As they are doing a bit on drones and multi rotors on Nightline tonight.
I'm watching it right now.., And oh boy it seems some people are quite upset with our intrusions of their privacy...
Well hey, if you're ashamed of your behavior, do it indoors and close your bloody curtains. Thank you...

Somebody, flying an Inspire 1 was spying on a mother breast feeding her baby... She took a swing at the drone with her Swifter broom..., another fellow had his drone shot out of the sky, by his neighbors shotgun. People are getting very angry, and rightly so.
We have to be on our best behavior if we want to continue having the freedom to do so.

I fear, A few bad apples will eventually ruin it for all...
Hope and with fingers crossed, I am totally wrong.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Before people start bloviating about their "privacy rights" and thinking they own airspace above their property from grass-blade level up to infinity --- they better first realize that shooting down my UAV constitutes a felony vandalism and endangerment charge in over 40 states and I absolutely will NOT hesitate to call the police and prosecute them under full extent of state and federal law.

Let's see how much they care about my drone snapping photos of their backyard when they spending 6 months of quality time in the Graybar Hotel, huh ?? :p

In fact, the shooting offender was criminally charged...

The drone owner phoned his local authorities when it occurred, and the boys in blue, visited his friendly neighbor, & he was arrested.., ;-)
Yes, that made me feel good..
It airs again at 12:30 PST, in about an hour...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Bocephus-73
Drat, thought you meant OUR version of the ABC - Australian Broadcasting Corporation, which is one of our channels here.
But going by your location, I'm guessing it won't be on on my channel.

In fact, the shooting offender was criminally charged...

The drone owner phoned his local authorities when it occurred, and the boys in blue, visited his friendly neighbor, & he was arrested.., ;-)

RedHotPoker

Link please... :)

You want a link to ABC Nightline?
http://abcnews.go.com/nightline
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Not sure the third shortest segment will be up on the web, but if you have the iOS app, you can watch whole episodes... I see the DUGARS and Women of Indy 500 segments are posted already...I'm Glad that I dvr'd the drone segment. ;-)
I could record if on my iPad and send it via email to you...

RedHotPoker

Drat, thought you meant OUR version of the ABC - Australian Broadcasting Corporation, which is one of our channels here.
But going by your location, I'm guessing it won't be on on my channel.

Sorry about that, but it may show up on YouTube very soon, just as everything else eventually does... ;-)

I recorded it, I'm sure others have as well. I will take a look.

Ok, BINGO, I found a place you can watch the whole episode, but tonight's program has not been uploaded quite yet, check back later today..,
http://www.yidio.com/show/nightline/season-36/episode-90/links.html
You can thank me in the morning... In the AM... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Oh, well that stinks like rotten fish..
Then you Sir, need to find a quiet place to fly, out in the country, away from prying eyes.

I know that can be a difficult task, living in a big, spread out, metropolis ...

Perhaps somebody with an acreage or farm land would give you permission...

RedHotPoker

Have all these people move to Washington DC. I can't even take off outside my house anymore.

Hovering your 2-lb. plastic toy 5 ft. off the ground in your DC backyard is now a federal offense --- gotta love this "Land of the Free", eh?

Hovering your 2-lb. plastic toy 5 ft. off the ground in your DC backyard is now a federal offense --- gotta love this "Land of the Free", eh?

I'm not even in DC. I'm in Northern Virginia, but just inside the 15.5mi radius. A huge overreaction by the powers that be. A lawful citizen wanting to fly a toy plane/helo/quad 15 miles away cannot do so, but it won't stop anyone with malicious intent.

If I can't participate in my hobby then the terrorists have won :/

There is no point in trying to lobby against this overreach. There isn't enough people who care within the 15.5 mile zone, and right now most people think of the idiots whenever the word "drone" is mentioned. The guy who crashed his phantom on the Whitehouse lawn did us no favors. I can understand to an extent the no fly zone around DC. But why 15.5 miles? I suppose someone came up with a calculation on how long it would take to detect and react to a small craft in the zone heading towards DC. A phantom wouldn't make it 15 miles, much less 7. And as far as carrying a harmful payload... Who knows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.