Phantom 3 jpg images and Litchi flight log information aren't matching

Reaction score
Dear All,

I am new to drone flying business and my recent flight log from litchi app aren't matching with drone images EXIF data. I did the initial data processing using photoscan software and created DEM and orthomosaic out of those images, but when it comes to MICMAC software I do need to extract pitch yaw and roll from the log.

First, I have plotted EXIF x y information against Litchi flight log information and found they have a little shift.

Second, time available on EXIF data and Litchi flight log time information are quite different as Litchi flight logs have milliseconds precision.

Please, can anyone suggest me right method to extract correct pitch yaw roll information from Litchi flight log?

thanks

Almost impossible to say one (EXIF) or the other (Litchi file) is 'correct'. Minuscule differences in the timing could more than account for the differences. I would use the data in the EXIF file. All the info that you are asking about is in the file. Use something like EXIFTool (ExifTool by Phil Harvey) to read the extended file.

Thanks Richard R

But my flight log has more than 81 thousand records for 831 drone images.

Ok, I'm still confused. Why do you need to extract the info from the flight logs if it's available in the exif file for each photo? Both aircraft and gimbal angles are in the file. Higher precision as in the flight logs don't nessecarily convert to higher accuracy. Why do you think that interpolating and extracting angles from the log would be more accurate than what's in the exif files?

Dear Richard

I have extracted geotagged information in MATLAB which gave me image name, latitude, longitude, altitude and date and time, while flight log information has latitude longitude date time yaw pitch roll and istakingphoto. I have extracted all my log and merged them at condition istakingphoto=1, which returns 5240 log records out of 81000 records. As I don't have Image name in flight log and I am trying to match the yaw pitch roll along with lat long information. Would you please suggest me, How can I do that as time tag and lat long information shows sift, they don't match exactly.

My objective is to prepare a log table which has image name, Latitude longitude yaw pitch and roll.

thanks

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj