Phantom 3 Demo Arrived

Here's a new question that hasn't been addressed (at least that I've seen or found when searching): does the Phantom 3 descend any faster than the previous Phantoms? I remember glancing at the descent rate in the specs but has anyone tried it out to see if it's any different. One of my biggest frustrations about the Phantom 2 is that it descends so darn slowly that I'm using up a lot of my battery just getting to the ground. With new props, stronger battery, new motors, and ESCs, you'd think it could handle a faster descent, esp. with the ground tracking radar as well, knowing when the ground is approaching.

Here's a new question that hasn't been addressed (at least that I've seen or found when searching): does the Phantom 3 descend any faster than the previous Phantoms? I remember glancing at the descent rate in the specs but has anyone tried it out to see if it's any different. One of my biggest frustrations about the Phantom 2 is that it descends so darn slowly that I'm using up a lot of my battery just getting to the ground. With new props, stronger battery, new motors, and ESCs, you'd think it could handle a faster descent, esp. with the ground tracking radar as well, knowing when the ground is approaching.
Pretty sure I read that it's either the same or slightly slower. They've been engineered to descend at a safe speed so as to avoid VRS.

For P2V+ just switch to manual and back to GPS about 20 feet from the ground and it will go into a hover...I have tried this and it works. Don't think you can do that with the P3 as I've heard there is no manual mode...

esp. with the ground tracking radar as well, knowing when the ground is approaching.
I don't think that the radar system works high enough that it could help as far as VRS descent. What I'd like is if they'd make vertical descent speed a function of your horizontal speed. So if you're only descending you go the max speed they currently allow but if you're full stick forward you can go 3 times that speed or something like that.

The descent speed was reduced to prevent VRS or a similar flight characteristic.
(I feel the shape of the shell also plays into this as well because of the size and shape of the arms.)

The items you mentioned are not a factor in VRS formation or prevention.

Google 'DJI P3 specs' or similar.

No manual mode for phantom 3? Really?

Hello Everyone,

I have a question. I searched the forums, google searched, asked my girlfriend during pillow talk, drove down to my local AMA club and called DJI Support for an answer but no one could provide one. Is the base (legs with compass) the same width/dimensions as the PH2?

Hello Everyone,

I have a question. I searched the forums, google searched, asked my girlfriend during pillow talk, drove down to my local AMA club and called DJI Support for an answer but no one could provide one. Is the base (legs with compass) the same width/dimensions as the PH2?
No

Okay...I have received my Nvidia Shield and holy crap....this thing by itself is gonna require some study!!! LOL Anyway, I managed to find and download the DJI Pilot app. First thing I noticed is that everything under the Academy tab is for the Inspire. I am assuming this is a non-issue, that there is not a separate Pilot app for the P3?

Here's a new question: on another post someone claimed that the ground station app WILL work with the Phantom 3. I doubt it will and indications are that it will not, but could someone who has a Phantom 3 try this out just for shiggles?

Props are not the same. P2 props should not be installed. The hub is made out of composite and not metal. This will allow the prop to stay on unlike the metal hub. Remember this craft has braking enabled.

Yes... I have one big giant favor.. Can you shoot 30 seconds of some test footage with the camera locked off, panning and tilting in it's widest, highest resolution, in a raw color balance and then make the footage available for us to download. I would like to compare it against the Hero 4. Please don't run the footage through any post please..

JB

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj