Phantom 3 backpack broke after just a 10k walk

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435470381.289365.jpg

Went on a hike up a mountain today and noticed this with my phantom backpack after hardly any use. Anyone else had this problem?

I'm going to make my own backpack/foam next time, does anyone have a decent backpack to recommend which I can use to fit the phantom. Any pictures of the DIY pack?

I have the same backpack for my Phantom 2 Vision. I have had it on during motorcycle rides of 100 miles without any problems. Might you possibly have had the straps too tight? I've never encountered any problems

I've mentioned this issue in many posts. I've stated if anyone buys this pack that they _need_ to sew the upper straps into the case otherwise they will pull loose. I have one of these cases for my P2v+ and now my P3. I like them very much... as long as the straps are sewn.

20150423_160757.jpg

Reactions: ScottTaylor
Same happen to me ... but for €30 I didn't expect more... My aunt sew it again, and now working again.

View attachment 23211

Went on a hike up a mountain today and noticed this with my phantom backpack after hardly any use. Anyone else had this problem?

I'm going to make my own backpack/foam next time, does anyone have a decent backpack to recommend which I can use to fit the phantom. Any pictures of the DIY pack?

You don't state the brand or model of backpack? How are we suppose to know if we can compare. Judging by a ripped strapped you probably bought one of those cheap $50-$75 backpacks and like everybody else says. You get what you pay for.

Reactions: acherman
I carried the GoProfessional pack all over Nepal and have had it for over a year. Not a hint of a problem. Buy quality stuff and you won't have problems. I have the older slightly more expensive P2 version but here is the P3 version: http://goprofessionalcases.com/gpc-dji-phantom-3-backpack-s.html
Same here, they use the Fieldstone (Rush) 511 backpack. Military spec, it's one tough and versatile pack.

Last December, while hiking in Hawaii, my P2V+ tumbled about 50 feet down a muddy steep trail. We had stopped for water and bug spray, and I stupidly set the pack down while taking a pee. Fortunately, everything, including my iPad survived unscathed in the GPC backpack.

Hawaii was a great place to test the pack. We had rain, vog, sand, mud, and some hot beaches. As a rule, you never leave stuff in the car over there, so the pack went with us every day.

I posted about this week's ago. That back pack is complete crap. Mine lasted 1 week. Both straps ripped off of mine. Bought the DJI Manfrotto bag.

Buy Made in USA for everything when possible....5;11 Rush 72 hour , Waterproof, military, Made in USA,

Reactions: kristo
Be aware that there are two versions of the Go Professional P3 backpack. There is the Special Edition that uses the 5.11 Tactical Rush 72 bag and the standard one that is similar, but not a 5.11 bag. (at least not the Rush 72)

I held out for the Special Edition and am pretty sure I'll be glad I did when it arrives Thursday. The bag is extremely high-quality and Go Professional has already been a pleasure to work with. Plus there's the added benefit of being able to remove the insert and have an awesome 3-day backpack... or most lethal looking tactical diaper bag at this summer's cookout. :cool:

Reactions: Hawkeyes
Be aware that there are two versions of the Go Professional P3 backpack. There is the Special Edition that uses the 5.11 Tactical Rush 72 bag and the standard one that is similar, but not a 5.11 bag. (at least not the Rush 72)

I held out for the Special Edition and am pretty sure I'll be glad I did when it arrives Thursday. The bag is extremely high-quality and Go Professional has already been a pleasure to work with. Plus there's the added benefit of being able to remove the insert and have an awesome 3-day backpack... or most lethal looking tactical diaper bag at this summer's cookout. :cool:
Kristo you getting yours thursday(nice)..i didn't know they were shipping them out so soon. I was looking at the 72 hour rush on ebay for as cheap as $139..Plus you could go multicam or coyote....if you could just get the insert alone cheap..i would do it that way..lol ..always ..looking to save a buck, But always looking to buy American. ....When did you order yours?

My wife and I took a very rugged trail up the side Mt. Mitchell, near Asheville, NC, USA, today. The climb was grueling, with our P3P backpack (including the P3, batteries, charger, RC, our mobile phones, and wallets and car keys) almost constantly bouncing off limbs, rocks, etc.
The round-trip (7.5 miles) took 7 hours.(including 1 hour unpacking for photos/video, and repacking near the top).
We bought the DJI Backpack; pricey ...... but we're glad we did. It's designed and constructed so well that I almost didn't feel it, and with a few wipes with a cloth, you wouldn't know it's ever been used.
You may buy cheap ..... but you'll be buying again and again .....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic