Phantom 2 purchase

Reaction score
I went on the DJI website to find information on the p2. The website says that this drone is not available in my region (Pennsylvania). Has this model been discontinued? Any reason not to buy one if I can find one on an internet site? Any I site would be appreciated. Thanks

I went on the DJI website to find information on the p2. The website says that this drone is not available in my region (Pennsylvania). Has this model been discontinued? Any reason not to buy one if I can find one on an internet site? Any I site would be appreciated. Thanks
The P2 series is like the Model T in drones.
You might buy a Model T if you wanted a museum piece but not for reliable transportation.
Technology has come a long way and the newer machines are much improved since the P2 was current.

Depending on the cost it is still a fun RTF drone to fly. It still allows full manual mode operation and can be easily used with aftermarket radio control systems.

As far as FPV and other photo related flights it is a bit behind the times.

It will however require 3rd party batteries to keep it flying.

Thanks for the feedback. I was looking for a simple front to fly to hone my skills prior to upgrading to a more complex machine. I am new to droning.

Id say go for the Phantom 3 Standard then. you get the best of both world then. you can hone your flight, videography and photography at the same time.

They are all equally easy to fly. The later models will have more automation and readily available parts and batteries.

If your goal is to hone your piloting skills with the least expense, then there is nothing wrong with purchasing a Phantom 2 for practice. It is a less complicated bird to fly, cost less to purchase (I bought mine for $230 new, without a gimbal), and less expensive to fix in case of a crash (without the gimbal). Once your skills have improved, and you want to spend the extra bucks on a more sophisticated bird, at least you didn't have to deal with the expense of gimbal replacements. Especially since to replace a broken camera can cost as much or more than the Phantom 2 itself.

Once I improved my piloting skills and worked out the piloting errors that led to early fly aways and crashes using the P2, I moved up to P3s, P4s, and Typhoon Hs. However, I am glad I started out with a less expensive option during my beginning stage.

I would add that I find the GoPro quality to be surperior to the P3 camera. Not as sure about the P4, haven't compared much. But the ability to re-fly paths and set up waypoints is something I wish my P2 had.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20