Phantom 1 Right front motor brief throttle up before CSC shutdown

Reaction score
I have a new 1.1.1 version which had a bearing replaced in the motor after the motor developed a rumbling sound after a ground prop strike. Replacement went fine all good. Took off prop guards and had a tip over on landing in shortish grass. After that decided to start hand catching on landing. Now on CSC power shut down that motor revs VERY briefly before everything shuts down. I wonder if it's the ECS either due to grass prop strike or due to hand catch engine rev up as the Phantom goes sideways in the hand and as the power is shutting down?

If all the motors start and stop at same time you should be in pretty good shape. If one is lagging or finishing late and you have already replaced it I would be suspect of the motor controler the ESC. Due to the high cost of the copter I make it a habit when changing out a motor to change the ESC also. Less than 20 bucks more but gives me that warm fuzzy feeling when I have motor issues. It's better than the 50/50 shot if the issue is the motor or the ESC. And the majority of times it's the ESC unless it's a bearing.

Reactions: cory nigri
try shutdown via left stick full back, not csc

Yep I have done it that way which shuts down just fine although as designed slower than CSC. Which made me wonder about the ESC or the hand catch/extra stress due to either hand catch or prop strike in the grass.

If all the motors start and stop at same time you should be in pretty good shape. If one is lagging or finishing late and you have already replaced it I would be suspect of the motor controler the ESC. Due to the high cost of the copter I make it a habit when changing out a motor to change the ESC also. Less than 20 bucks more but gives me that warm fuzzy feeling when I have motor issues. It's better than the 50/50 shot if the issue is the motor or the ESC. And the majority of times it's the ESC unless it's a bearing.

They all start and stop at the same time. Bearing was replaced not motor. Shut down is as per normal with throttle stick full down. When in CSC mode there is a slight brief surge in the motor where the bearing was replaced. Soooo.....not sure if its ECS or not. I am going to do the shielding for GPS mod and will have a look at the board for any obvious signs. BTW I want to clean up props what grit sand paper would you use to do so? With the caveat of not removing too much material to upset balance, and will double check with my Dubro balancer to be certain. Thanks in advance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20