P4 FW V02.00.0106 any updates likely?

Reaction score
Mine is a sad story indeed. I have been having endless problems with the dreaded "No image transmission signal" on my P3P and for months I just look at it in its nice storage box. The light at the end of the tunnel is I have a friend returning from the US with a secondhand gimbal mother board. I live in Thailand and it should arrive around 14 Dec. Now in the last 2 mths I saved up my pennies and bought an almost new P4 (lest than 4 battery charge cycles). The unfortunate thing is the firmware was updated between the time I inspected the drone and when I decided to go back and buy it. It flew fine when I tested it first time and didn't think to do another test flight when i returned to buy. The seller did not tell me what he had done as I am now sure I would have tested again and found it to be bricked and for those wondering, why don't you just take it back to him? Well I bought it 2 days before he left Thailand for good and I got it for, at the time a fair and reasonable price. So I have spent about 3 days reading all about the problems and we can now add myself to the list of unhappy dji customers. i have tried everything suggested on the many forum threads with no luck. Each time I try to load or refresh firmware with the dji assistant 2, it crashes at 55%. The P4 is about 18mths old and it was purchased in USA I understand, so I am not thinking any warranty work will be forthcoming. I am now just waiting for the next firmware to hopeful solve the issues. If anybody knows how long it will be, i would appreciate a heads-up. thanks Rob

How reliable and fast is your internet connection when attempting this refresh? The only issue that I ever had updating or refreshing firmware was due to my slow speed internet at home. I now do all firmware updates at work where the connection is fast and steady, and I have not had any issues since.

Also, one of the issues some experienced with the latest firmware update was the unlinking of the copter from the remote. You may want to try this if you haven’t yet. That may be why you feel it’s ‘bricked’ as the remote doesn’t see it. If Assistant 2 sees the copter, it would seem it’s not fully bricked, and your issue may not be as bad as you think.

How reliable and fast is your internet connection when attempting this refresh? The only issue that I ever had updating or refreshing firmware was due to my slow speed internet at home. I now do all firmware updates at work where the connection is fast and steady, and I have not had any issues since.

Also, one of the issues some experienced with the latest firmware update was the unlinking of the copter from the remote. You may want to try this if you haven’t yet. That may be why you feel it’s ‘bricked’ as the remote doesn’t see it. If Assistant 2 sees the copter, it would seem it’s not fully bricked, and your issue may not be as bad as you think.

Hay thanks for your thoughts. Yes I have good wifi and the router is nearby. Dji assistant see's my P4. Now I have tried many suggestions on this forum and the Dji forum and now when I fire everything up and only during the warm up stage I get a very poor image with lots of screen changes from totally blank to 1/4 clear with 3/4 lines. Then when its warmed up it just goes totally blank with the NITS message. It will start and fly but no image. Now to throw a curve ball into all this, I managed to link my P4 RC to my P3P and my P3P RC to my P4. Apparently the early model P3P RC has a better signal hence why I tried. Both still NITS messages except when the P4 is warming up. So I truely feel this is a firmware issue and not hardware. I sent off a request for the Beta testing firmware and hope it might give me something back.

Mine is a sad story indeed. I have been having endless problems with the dreaded "No image transmission signal" on my P3P and for months I just look at it in its nice storage box. The light at the end of the tunnel is I have a friend returning from the US with a secondhand gimbal mother board. I live in Thailand and it should arrive around 14 Dec. Now in the last 2 mths I saved up my pennies and bought an almost new P4 (lest than 4 battery charge cycles). The unfortunate thing is the firmware was updated between the time I inspected the drone and when I decided to go back and buy it. It flew fine when I tested it first time and didn't think to do another test flight when i returned to buy. The seller did not tell me what he had done as I am now sure I would have tested again and found it to be bricked and for those wondering, why don't you just take it back to him? Well I bought it 2 days before he left Thailand for good and I got it for, at the time a fair and reasonable price. So I have spent about 3 days reading all about the problems and we can now add myself to the list of unhappy dji customers. i have tried everything suggested on the many forum threads with no luck. Each time I try to load or refresh firmware with the dji assistant 2, it crashes at 55%. The P4 is about 18mths old and it was purchased in USA I understand, so I am not thinking any warranty work will be forthcoming. I am now just waiting for the next firmware to hopeful solve the issues. If anybody knows how long it will be, i would appreciate a heads-up. thanks Rob

Hello Rob.
There is a beta version of P4 firmware v02.00.0600 that I have installed and works really well to solve the forward flight instability and the 4K gimbal issue. This beta firmware is the third that DJI has released to only those people who have specifically requested it on the DJI Forum. They add it to your account and you can then install it via the DJO Go 4 app or DJI Assistant 2* (caveats apply, see below).

After I installed the beta .0600 firmware the P4 is now back to its old self. But like you and many others I tried a great number of things to roll back or fix the firmware. Nothing worked and at one time I thought that I had bricked the P4!

The caveat around using DJI Assistant 2 is that it has a fault when using Windows 10 Creators Update (the latest), where the firmware install fails part way through the update. Someone on the forums has said that it is a USB Driver issue between Assistant and Win 10 Creators. I could only use the DJI Go 4 app to update successfully.

Here's my P4 flying on v02.00.0600 (the noise in the background is someone's ICE aircraft being warmed up pre-flight, it isn't my P4 :eek: )

Hay thanks for your thoughts. Yes I have good wifi and the router is nearby. Dji assistant see's my P4. Now I have tried many suggestions on this forum and the Dji forum and now when I fire everything up and only during the warm up stage I get a very poor image with lots of screen changes from totally blank to 1/4 clear with 3/4 lines. Then when its warmed up it just goes totally blank with the NITS message. It will start and fly but no image. Now to throw a curve ball into all this, I managed to link my P4 RC to my P3P and my P3P RC to my P4. Apparently the early model P3P RC has a better signal hence why I tried. Both still NITS messages except when the P4 is warming up. So I truely feel this is a firmware issue and not hardware. I sent off a request for the Beta testing firmware and hope it might give me something back.
Hi there, if I'm reading this correctly, both the AC and RC are linked and you can fly which would suggest it's not bricked. Could the issue be with either your device or the cable to the remote? I like many others have had issues with the latest GO4 and iOS update where you would either have a NITS or disconnected event. In my case I had to clear a lot of crap from my device, delete a bunch of apps to get the app to run properly and change the transmission settings once I had the image return. The latest updates are working a lot of devices to the point where the app either won't load or when it does, struggle to run.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. Yes I too have read all the many threads to death and tried changing out cables, devices, several SD cards. Even reformatting the SD cards both short and long ways. I have tried loading via both methods but the one thing that I find interesting after start-up following all these failed attempts is during the warm up I get many unstable screens flash on the device but every now and then I get a full transmission signal with a sharp clear image and its only there for a second or 2 and goes then I get the dreaded "NITS" message and a blank screen.
Also since starting this thread and trying many different suggestions, I have had various results with uploading but still mostly fails at 55%. One time it went past 55% and I actually got excited but it failed at 65%. Another time I got to 89% and it stalled. Oh I learnt the hard way too, I always have a fan blowing over the drone when attempting any new ideas. I also remove the battery each time and check the internal temperature which I find gets very very hot. So I also rest between any second or third attempts. I honestly think I had partially damaged an electronic component on the circuit board similar to the P3P issue. Anyway I am not giving up and will continue any further suggestions but I refuse to send the drone away because I too don't want a reconditioned bird when this one has literally less than 1hr flight time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor