P4 battery mod

In order to be able to charge the DJI battery at 100% when has lost a little bit of power, but not enough for the logic of the trigger to start again a charge, could be possible to bypass the trigger threshold switching on the battery (with the usual double press, 1 short, 1 long) before connecting it to the charger.
Then after few seconds the charge probably starts.
If not, usually is enough to discharge a little bit more the battery, for about 3 minutes or even less (switching on inside the aircraft, no need to fly) and repeat the steps above.
Unlike the P3P batteries, the P4 and P4P batteries will not charge in the charger to top them off to 100%, even if you turn them on, unless the remaining battery is 97% or less. Hence, your only option is to first bleed them down below 97% by leaving them on, or putting them in the aircraft and turning them on until they bleed down to 97% or below. Big time waster when you want to leave the house with multiple, fully topped off batteries! Dumb change by DJI, who told us never to fly unless your pack is first fully charged to 100%! This leads to reusing the same battery over and over, instead of changing of rotating multiple batteries each day, as the one charged last night will be the only one at 100%, but the one charged several days ago will only be at 98 or 99%, and has to be bled off to top off!

Yes GudgetGuy,
it's my meaning, I have wrote that.
PH4 batteries must be a little bit discharged, don't know if to 97% or 95% before to be able to charge them again.
I have 7 of these batteries, I do the procedure I wrote before, almost each time, before the flight.

Yes GudgetGuy,
it's my meaning, I have wrote that.
PH4 batteries must be a little bit discharged, don't know if to 97% or 95% before to be able to charge them again.
I have 7 of these batteries, I do the procedure I wrote before, almost each time, before the flight.
Very frustrating. DJI shot us in the foot with this change! They tell us not to fly unless you have freshly topped off to 100%, and then they won't let you do so, without first manually bleeding the batteries down to 97% or below! Dumb! :eek:

whats the heaviest combo used? is 2 x 2800 the limit? or can i go 2 x 3250?
Depends upon the weight. At the time I was using these, two 2800's were the best power for the weight (245g each as I recall) without having to deal with bleeding off the batteries so they wouldn't charge the internal battery, shutting it off, if you used the high capacity 4.3V batteries, that require a special charger. With the P4P, I no longer need externals.

Depends upon the weight. At the time I was using these, two 2800's were the best power for the weight (245g each as I recall) without having to deal with bleeding off the batteries so they wouldn't charge the internal battery, shutting it off, if you used the high capacity 4.3V batteries, that require a special charger. With the P4P, I no longer need externals.

i think i am doing these for my P4 Pro MaxAmps LiPo 2800 4S 14.8v Battery Pack

but i would love to go bigger?

i think i am doing these for my P4 Pro MaxAmps LiPo 2800 4S 14.8v Battery Pack

but i would love to go bigger?
Those are the ones with the Female XT60 connector that I have used on the P4 and P3P with great success. Highly recommended. Bigger with a commensurate gain in weight won't help, as the aircraft becomes unstable during take off and landing. However, others are doing it. Check with Paul at www.fpvcustoms.com for his current recommendations. He has some newer custom options, and can also do the battery mod for you to the P4P at a reasonable price.

Those are the ones with the Female XT60 connector that I have used on the P4 and P3P with great success. Highly recommended. Bigger with a commensurate gain in weight won't help, as the aircraft becomes unstable during take off and landing. However, others are doing it. Check with Paul at www.fpvcustoms.com for his current recommendations. He has some newer custom options, and can also do the battery mod for you to the P4P at a reasonable price.

Paul is doing my mod for the p4 pro. bought those just wanted to go bigger but then will be over 600 grams

Paul is doing my mod for the p4 pro. bought those just wanted to go bigger but then will be over 600 grams
Paul is pretty clued in to the best battery setups, as Unknown Caller/Keith works with him to seek the long distance records. Keith used the 2800's himself early on. Not sure if Paul has anything better to offer, but be sure to ask. A split DJI battery was one option. Good luck and please post back what you find!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor