Other propeller

Reaction score
Hey

I am waiting for my Phantom and looking at the forum and youtube video. I am using this Phantom for Gopro video - and I am wondering if I should invest in other propeller to get the video as steady as possible.

Have any of you done that? Bought a new set of propeller I mean?

which kind would you get? I have been looking for:
1) Zinger 9×4 Wooden Props for DJI Phantom
2) Graupner 8.5″ E-PROP for DJI Phantom

The Zigger is out of stock - but I found something on Ebay.. but I am not sure if this is the "right" thing.

What is your opinion of other proppeler? is it a good investment? or just waste of money?
Cheers from Norway, Europe!

the stock DJI props are very soft/flexible
most people prefer stiffer props for video,. thou it's not easy to find them online.
(Graupner is going thru bankruptcy )

the APC props are somewhat popular as well.

and DJI is coming out with a new 8" prop that's supposedly much, much better.

Ive bought myself some carbon fibre probs, and i have to say im unsure about them.

I think because they are SO stiff, it sends tiny vibrations through the GoPro, Its not jello, but its not 100% right.

The reason why some may not be sure of the stiffer, better preforming props is because maybe they have not adjusted their Pitch / Roll / Yaw / Vertical (and Attitude Pitch / Roll) to be effective. You adjust these settings in the NAZAM assistant support software through the computer. When you go from a flexible plastic prop to the stiffer CF prop you have to in a sense relax the settings to get it to adjust to the new, more efficient props because of the response difference. DSRLpros has their recommended settings for their 9in CF props but posts that they will add their recommended settings for their new 8in CF props when they get it figured out. I myself need someone to tell me what to enter as if I were to try and test this myself and come up with some numbers, it would take me forever and then they probably still wouldn't be right.

freelanceshots said:
The reason why some may not be sure of the stiffer, better ......

Good to know, thank you. I need to look at the software in more detail.

freelanceshots said:
I myself need someone to tell me what to enter as if I were to try and test this myself and come up with some numbers, it would take me forever and then they probably still wouldn't be right.

Many of us realized by now that the stock Phantom TX has a hidden 7th channel that you can set so that you can change the GAIN settings in flight. But you will need a small screw driver to do so BUT now there is a gadget that you can buy see:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=828&p=5551#p5551

Now if you start up by setting the X1 to change the Basic Gain only and fine tune until the oscillation is gone, then do NOT touch the lever (or the pot setting), connect to the Assistant and jot down the Basic gain numbers and set them as such, then INH the Basic setting. Next set X1 for the Attitude gain and go fly again and repeat the above but now look for the level of the quickness of the response to your stick.
Now I leave my lever to control the Attitude gain setting because I have the right setting for the Basic already.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj