One minute video..interesting. Afternoon spent with nephews making it...priceless!

Reaction score
Once again, this video took hours to make between hiking around the shoreline and then happening upon this rock, discussing a filming plan, shooting some test footage, tweaking it, shooting again, and then finally editing what we had.

If you begin getting bored with your copter, I suggest making it a social thing with good friends and family. Go out and get creative. That's what it's all about..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OMG - Did you deface that rock? Did you use biodegradable paint? I might have to add you to my growing list of scofflaws. I hope you didn't take off with a battery anything less than 100% charged and stayed under 400' AGL.

NoCo Drones

:D I probably should have added that it was painted like that awhile back by unknown artists. We just happened upon it and saw it as a filming opportunity.

Reactions: alokbhargava
Wonder if they see the irony in painting the rock.. :D

Probably not. Without a drone, it's just a rock that you need to paint really quickly before the tide comes in. With the drone, it's a noticeable part of the otherwise, natural shoreline. Also, this is not a rock that is in the center of town. Maybe I'm part rebel, but it's just a rock. If there was ever a rock that could withstand being painted, this was the one...

Probably not. Without a drone, it's just a rock that you need to paint really quickly before the tide comes in. With the drone, it's a noticeable part of the otherwise, natural shoreline. Also, this is not a rock that is in the center of town. Maybe I'm part rebel, but it's just a rock. If there was ever a rock that could withstand being painted, this was the one...
Vandalism isn't cool.

Really good video. Seems that more people focus on the laws or breaking of them than the message....awesome job. Short, but to the point. I like. Oh, and I like the rock too, however painted it.....lol

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Once again, this video took hours to make between hiking around the shoreline and then happening upon this rock, discussing a filming plan, shooting some test footage, tweaking it, shooting again, and then finally editing what we had.

If you begin getting bored with your copter, I suggest making it a social thing with good friends and family. Go out and get creative. That's what it's all about..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Nice Brock and I agree with ya 100%

Thanks for the comments, and I very much appreciate the differing views and respect them. To be clear, I never would have painted the rock myself, and the boys knew that doing so would have been frowned upon by me. I also made a verbal observation while we were out there that it seemed like a place frequented by people as a hang out of sorts, but there was not a single bit of garbage to be seen. Not a cigarette butt, bottle, food wrapper, nothing. The boys said they had noticed this too, and both thought that it was a good and respectful thing.

A little more history on this rock. It seems it was originally painted in 2010 by a would be artist attempting to capture the concept of 'primordial ooze' rising up from the ocean. Here is a picture that made the local newspaper:

painted rock.jpg

It was described as having been painted Mary Kay pink with dark squiggly lines, and when the artist was questioned - after being arrested by the Amtrak Police - he said it was to illustrate an early brain rising up from the ocean. OK....o_O Anyway, someone has since painted it more of a 'rock color', and if you look very closely, you can see little areas where the pink still shows through.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic