National Cemeteries and event spectators

Reaction score
I have the honor of doing video and images of the 2018 Wreathes Across America at the Richmond National Cemetery this December.
This is also within close proximity to an airport so I will be sure to obtain the required airport approval.

This project is being done Pro bono by my wife and I and at the request of the cemetery caretaker/event organizer.

Has anyone had experience gaining the permission from large groups of spectators? Everyone will be given a program that will have information that the event is being videotaped and photographed from the air and Ground. Is this enough or does everyone need to sign a waiver?

Any guidance you all can provide will be great.

Thanks

John and Mary Webb
Aerial Ambience Imaging LLC

You will need to follow all Part 107 rules, regarding never flying over people, cars, etc. Putting a notification in the program protects you from nothing, and exempts you from nothing, in my humble opinion.

FAA regulations specifically forbid flying over anyone not directly involved with the operations of the drone. There is no provision for obtaining permission or waivers from the public.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl