My Phantom Took Its Last Flight

Why does everyone keep saying advanced IMU calibration? Won't these sort of calibrations only help if it tells you that it needs it? I mean. If you hook it up to your computer and it says IMU calibration not needed are you expected to do one anyway to be safe?

notsojazzyjeff said:
Why does everyone keep saying advanced IMU calibration? Won't these sort of calibrations only help if it tells you that it needs it? I mean. If you hook it up to your computer and it says IMU calibration not needed are you expected to do one anyway to be safe?

It doesn't hurt. And the threshold of "not needed" is higher than what you'd get with a fresh calibration, so routine calibrations are a good thing.

ElGuano said:
notsojazzyjeff said:

It doesn't hurt. And the threshold of "not needed" is higher than what you'd get with a fresh calibration, so routine calibrations are a good thing.

Good to know. I'll keep that in mind going forward. :D

ElGuano said:
Great Pumpkin said:
Thanks ElGuano! your correction certainly relieves me. But I have to ask - do UAV pilots using NAZA have the aging problem that Wikipedia describes?

...um...well...

Speaking for myself, I certainly do, and nowadays no amount of makeup can hide it!

LOL Very good!

Ouch sorry to hear of your lose. I thought my FC40 took its last flight today. But after giveing up searching hi and low all over town for it in the last direction I seen it heading. On my way back home I spoted a guy out side doing some yard work and almost dint bother to even ask him if he may of happened to see it fly by. But some thing made me ask Hey did you happen to see a little helicopter fly by this way at all?" lol lol and he says ya I seen it land in the yard next door. and he points to it and there it was just siting in his neibors yard on the side walk right were she came down and landed. The video stayed recording the whole flight and I got to see how close it came to hitting some trees and the persons roof as it was coming to a landing. I also was able to get it home and plugged it in to the naza software and seen what the problem was Some how I had it set to just land in fail safe instead of going up to 20 meters and coming home. But judging by how long the flight was by the video I thing it was trying to do a low batty landing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl