My first cinematic video - PS3

Hate to pour cold water on it, but,,,,,,,
The urban area work (whilst excellent and something I want to do) broke CAA rules in so many respects. Don't leave yourself wide open to officialdom and killjoys, who would have a field day if they nicked you.
But of course, a blokes got to do wot a blokes got to do!
So well done mate.
'Go get 'em Floyd!'

There needs to be some rules on this forum where people cant say this sort of thing! If everyone only flew 100% as guidelines told us to there would be only very bloomin boring drone videos which all looked the same and had the same point of interest..... Nobody got hurt doing this, nobody was intentionally or accidentally going to get hurt and the creator was probably just minding his own business.... why oh why does anybody feel the need to say this stuff... keep it to yourself!

There needs to be some rules on this forum where people cant say this sort of thing! If everyone only flew 100% as guidelines told us to there would be only very bloomin boring drone videos which all looked the same and had the same point of interest..... Nobody got hurt doing this, nobody was intentionally or accidentally going to get hurt and the creator was probably just minding his own business.... why oh why does anybody feel the need to say this stuff... keep it to yourself!

Oh yes! Maybe we can set up a task force or something that stops people from saying stuff we don't want to read!! .... wait....what?

Oh yes! Maybe we can set up a task force or something that stops people from saying stuff we don't want to read!! .... wait....what?

ha ha ok in hindsight i should have phrased it better, but come on yall know what i mean, there's a small percentage of people keyboard stuff they should just keep in there head.. I mean theres one full page of nice comments telling the OP how nice his work was to watch and then there's one comment telling him hes going to hell because hes broken the law, i bet this same person drives 1mph under the speed limit 100% of the time, never cusses, drinks, or even kills a mosquito again now im rambling but i just feel as a hobbyist who loves flying creating and seeing other peoples creation we need to exercise some common sense with what we say, the OP presented us with a great film to waste 10 mins of our life and i for one hope we see more videos like this :)

Also just curious to know what software you used and what you think of it?
Hey mate i got premier pro a week or so again but i as i had most of this film edited already on imovie i just finished it off on that :) next one will be on premier pro though so will be an improvement :)

Beautiful. I would love to see a longer version. Maybe I'm getting old but I wanted to see most of the scenes play out a few seconds longer. Very inspiring though. Keep up the great work!
Thankyou very much! i get you on that one, next one will have longer scenes for sure! Stat tuned :)

Amd thanks for all you're comments guys really appreciate them good or bad, also i agree some shots are over saturated , was my first time properly trying to grade the footage so i will improve upon it on the next one! Also im regards to breaking CAA rules the only shot i though could be a problem was the first one with train, however i started the shot at around 50 meters , cant remeber exactly but i didnt feel like i was putting anyone or anything in danger so decided to keep it in the film :)

Reactions: Dazzauk
ha ha ok in hindsight i should have phrased it better, but come on yall know what i mean, there's a small percentage of people keyboard stuff they should just keep in there head.. I mean theres one full page of nice comments telling the OP how nice his work was to watch and then there's one comment telling him hes going to hell because hes broken the law, i bet this same person drives 1mph under the speed limit 100% of the time, never cusses, drinks, or even kills a mosquito again now im rambling but i just feel as a hobbyist who loves flying creating and seeing other peoples creation we need to exercise some common sense with what we say, the OP presented us with a great film to waste 10 mins of our life and i for one hope we see more videos like this :)

Amen. I totally agreee. I was just teasing to be funny. However I think you crossed a completely different line though mosquito murderer!!

Reactions: Dazzauk
Very well composed. I liked the shots. Good length of clips before switching to the next one, and the differences of time of day. (Since everyone else is asking questions) How long did it take to gather all the location shots before sitting down to edit?

Again, nicely done, and thanks for posting.

2 things:

1. England is a lot prettier than the states.
2. I knew the song was familiar and used in a movie, but couldn't place it at first. Realized I recognized it from "Inception"

Great video.

Very well composed. I liked the shots. Good length of clips before switching to the next one, and the differences of time of day. (Since everyone else is asking questions) How long did it take to gather all the location shots before sitting down to edit?

Again, nicely done, and thanks for posting.
Thanks mate much appreciated! Well i got my phantom the 10th march i think, around that date , so i pretty much started gathering shots since then whenever i had free time and have been editing along the way! So all in all about 3 months :)

Excellent! I love the views of those 'White Cliffs of Dover'! My dad, after surviving four invasions in WWII, was sent to England to prepare for the D-Day invasion. He never talked a lot about any of his experiences, but he and some Army buddies went to see those cliffs, and he often spoke of the beauty of that place. Thanks for posting.

Super work. Is that all done with a P3 Standard?

Very jealous of your footage. I have so far had mine around a month and due to family commitments (and maybe a bit of 'bottling it') i am yet to release myself from beginner altitude and really play around.

Awesome video! Great job and very scenic out there! I'm from Detroit, Michigan and not many places have that kind of scenery close by. Maybe add some cinematic bars to the video to make more of a cinematic movie effect but other than that, I loved it!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT