Most economical long distance cruise speed

No--I don't know anything about a group.

See if this makes sense, the only time we fly in sport mode is when the Wind Demands it .

Thus using the P mode and catching the wind either to or from is ideal and I think offers the best long distance run with the battery , however if getting there quicker than anyone else is the goal , Sport mode is the veichel of choice.

Turns out the group was a ship grave yard, not a light house.

" We are about to have the first Jersey Droner Meet in which we will have a group of four or more drones flying out to a ship graveyard 3000 feet from the launch site. When I just fly with one other person we always communicate our altitudes to prevent collisions. Is that still the best idea when flying with a group. Maybe each agree to fly within a range. Pilot one 20-40 ft, Pilot two 42-52 pilot three 53-63 ""

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in and out of the Storm.

Reactions: mahera
When multiple airplanes are using the same holding pattern they are assigned different altitudes. Assuming you are all taking off from the same place, to me different altitudes, maybe 30 feet vertical separation, would be best. The altitude you see on your controller is the height above the ground from where you launched, hence you all need to launch from the same place.

As to Sport mode, most people say it is inefficient at full speed, but if you have a very high headwind then you might not have a choice. 25mph airspeed with a 25mph direct HW equals zero ground speed.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
See if this makes sense, the only time we fly in sport mode is when the Wind Demands it .
... , however if getting there quicker than anyone else is the goal , Sport mode is the veichel of choice.
I find that Sport Mode provides very little help in dealing with strong winds.
The small additional speed is negated by the faster drain on the battery.
It's much more effective to do what you can to avoid the effects of the wind by getting down low or properly planning your flight so you don't have a wind problem.
Thus using the P mode and catching the wind either to or from is ideal and I think offers the best long distance run with the battery
P-GPS mode gives almost no boost when catching the wind but Atti mode allows you to gain the full benefit of any tailwind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20