Memory card

Reaction score
Hi guys,. P4 noob here I put the memory card in the drone it says fine there's a card in the drone however it records on to my tablet and not the card, iv looked for a setting to record on the card but no luck ! .
Please help the P4 noob p.s. this is a standard phantom 4 it's also my first camera drone thanks guys.

Hi guys,. P4 noob here I put the memory card in the drone it says fine there's a card in the drone however it records on to my tablet and not the card, iv looked for a setting to record on the card but no luck ! .
Please help the P4 noob p.s. this is a standard phantom 4 it's also my first camera drone thanks guys.
There is no setting because the Phantom will always record directly to the card in the drone.
Look again in the Media100 folder inside the DCIM folder.
And if you are shooting videos, you need to stop recording before you power-off the drone.
What you found on the tablet is low-res cached files, not the actual recorded images or video.

Reactions: rmerrill
AHH ok thank you very much, iv not had it long and my printer is playing up so atm I cannot print off the instructions.
I'm still not sure what to fly out on I see the S is for sport mode and the other two I tend to use A mode not sure about P mode.
Which would you recommend for video and photography ?.
Again thank you.
Kerlee

I'm still not sure what to fly out on I see the S is for sport mode and the other two I tend to use A mode not sure about P mode.
There's a lot to learn to fly the Phantom. This is one of the basics.
It sounds like you have a lot of homework to do and you shouldn't be flying until you have at least read the manual.
You'll find the Phantom 4 manual here:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/20170706/Phantom+4+User+Manual+v1.6.pdf

If you have bought the P4 pro rather than the older original P4, your manual is here:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20171017/Phantom_4_Pro_Pro_Plus_User_Manual_EN.pdf

Reactions: ravedog
P mode it is then I will try it as soon as weather permits, so P mode is the one with obstacle avoidance ? Also if you don't mind when iv used return home button it flies home no problem but very very slowly ! Is this normal?.
Thank you for the help guys.
Keeler.

Thanks guys,
Yes a lot to learn however as to not flying it lol it's my 11th drone and loads of planes and gliders , always learn L.O.S. on any drone or r.c. Anything .
I'm old ish , I started on free flight planes and gliders then omg Line control planes if any on here remember them ( I'm 55 years) been flying about 45 years. That said I do appreciate the help because the P4 has so much to learn iv now down loaded the manual all 80 odd pages, and it still helps to ask you guys so thanks again.
Kerlee

Return To Home goes slower. I rarely use it and almost always lower to my height and grab it by hand. Once I have a solid grip I power it down with the controller. If you use RTH dont forget to change your settings to fit your surroundings and not come back too low of an altitude. When descending fast I dont just come straight down. I like to descend and zig zag back and forth (something I read from here actually) because coming down at high speed really creates a lot of turbulence underneath and can really shake your drone around.

Hi, and thank you for the reply and advice iv flown drone for a good few years BUT only the cheap hobby kind so advice is well needed now if got a P4 . Problem is when I ask some people on here I get treated like a complete beginner, so thanks again.
Cheers kerlee

Welcome to the forum. To add to what @Meta4 said, if you don't want video recorded on your tablet, you can go into the settings in the Go app and turn off the "cache video" option, although some pilots prefer to have a low resolution video available for a quick review.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic