max distance

Reaction score
Hi All, I am new here so apologies if this has been answered somewere else.
I bought the phanton 4 advanced plus a week ago and I cannot get it to fly further the 144 ft ..33Metres horizontally, i contacted support but what they told me did not work.
I have disabled beginner mode, IMU re calibrated along with compass etc etc... still getting the max distance acheived.
driving me crazy!!!.
just spoken on the phone to CS ..he asked me to sync my flight data...this failed & yes I am connected to my router.
I am logged into the controller etc etc...does this phantom require internet to fly further??
This is VERY frustrating, I also have the UpAir drone which is no trouble at all!.

controller app is DJI GO 4 version 4.0.6 (14-dpad)
System Ver 1.1.5

SJ

Welcome to the forum.

Did customer service ask you to log out of your account and then log in again?
Is your max distance setting turned off so that you can go max distance?

Last edited:
Hi Oso,
re first part.. no they did not tell me to log out then back in again.
I turned off the "beginner" settings, even tried to increase distance to 8000 with beginner mode ON..made no difference.

Appreciate you answering my distress call !!!. haha.
Any other things i could do/try?.
S.J. UK

Hi Oso,
re first part.. no they did not tell me to log out then back in again.
I turned off the "beginner" settings, even tried to increase distance to 8000 with beginner mode ON..made no difference.

Appreciate you answering my distress call !!!. haha.
Any other things i could do/try?.
S.J. UK
Yes, you mentioned earlier that you had turned off beginner mode which is why I didn't suggest you check that.

Either beginner mode or one of the two other items I mentioned before are usually the culprits when someone posts with an issue similar to yours. Hopefully one of them will help in your case as well.

Good luck!

Hi Oso,
yes thanks for the mail..have been on to EU customer service concerning the problem.
She thinks it could be a limited flight area?? but I'm in a local field away from any restricted no fly zones !!.
She helped me download the latest upgrade for the controller which was at a revision earlier, whether this will work remains to be seen as I have just transferred the .BIN file onto an SD card ready ( when the batts re charge) to upload.

Thanks again.
SJ

Oso & all visitors,
The upgrade of the controller did the trick, went flying this morning in less than favourable conditions with high-ish winds but flew 700 ft horizontally from base before I got a high wind warning.
thanks to the Lady at customer support in Europe ( somwhere) she solved the problem.
Now I can concentrate on my photography.

Best Wishes Oso.
SJ

Reactions: Oso and LARA images
Oso & all visitors,
The upgrade of the controller did the trick, went flying this morning in less than favourable conditions with high-ish winds but flew 700 ft horizontally from base before I got a high wind warning.
thanks to the Lady at customer support in Europe ( somwhere) she solved the problem.
Now I can concentrate on my photography.

Best Wishes Oso.
SJ
Makes sense with that added info about the FW mismatch you had between AC and RC. Glad you got it sorted. Cheers!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik