Litchi map view.

Reaction score
As most of you will know, I am now the proud owner of Litchi :D

I notice that the map that comes up when you click bottom right corner, is way out of date and very blurred, difficult to make out things.
Is this normal, is it embedded into the app and can it be updated?

Below are two screen shots, first from the app and the second from Google earth of about the same area............

Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 08.43.03.jpg
Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 08.41.04.jpg

Have you tried re-caching the map to your device by opening the app (when connected to the internet) and zooming in and out on the map ?
I have problems in that I can cache the maps but when I'm ready to fly and connect everything up then the map just disappears.

Reactions: David_Cambridge
@cheddarman Not sure why that is different, unless possibly you did not allow enough time for the image to load. Below is the same shot from my Litchi screen as well as from the mission hub. They are both identical to GE.

HUB1.PNG

Screenshot_20190317-103714.png

I have problems in that I can cache the maps but when I'm ready to fly and connect everything up then the map just disappears.
This will happen if you forget to turn off the device wi-fi immediately after caching the maps.

This will happen if you forget to turn off the device wi-fi immediately after caching the maps.
I'm hoping to fly tomorrow so I'll try that - thanks

I think it's a case of zoomed in too far, makes it pixely! Just took two more screen shots and zoomed out it's very clear, zoomed in, not!
Screenshot_2019-03-17_08-12-57.png
Screenshot_2019-03-17_15-36-47.png

I think it's a case of zoomed in too far, makes it pixely!
I don't think so. It is a bit pixelized as you would expect, but not like your screen shot......Give it time to load.
Screenshot_20190317-120739.png

Those two shots were taken after about ten minutes of opening the App???
When it first opens there is a very sharp map of the world in the little window. Then it switches to my location with the blue marker, also sharp but only for a second or so, then it goes blurred! When I open it full screen it stays blurred!

NG Phantom - don't know what re caching is??? Isa it somewhere in the menu?

Just went into the menu and changed the map from MapBox to Google maps - slightly better?
mail.png

Last edited:
MapBox to Google maps - slightly better?
That was your issue it appears.

don't know what re caching is??? Isa it somewhere in the menu?
"Caching" is saving the maps for offline use while flying. You will not get maps with GO or Litchi if you are not connected to the internet. Therefore, you "cache" them to your device. Before you go out to fly, while connected to the internet, find the area you will be flying. Zoom in and out on the area you intend to fly. As soon as you do that close (GO or Litchi ) and immediately turn off the wi-fi on your device. If you turn the wi-fi back on before you go fly it will not keep the maps in cache memory.

Reactions: cheddarman
Ah, that's a new one to remember!! For some reason I thought the map of where you are just came up!
I guess if you're using an iPhone os similar, connected to a network, the map will automatically update the where you are?
Thanks

I guess if you're using an iPhone os similar, connected to a network, the map will automatically update the where you are?
Correct....

I must practise loading maps me thinks, zooming in and out etc. :rolleyes::oops: and turning my Nvidia wi-fi off, no idea how to do that yet, but I'll find it!

So how does one "program" ones location into the App? Do you have to zoom the map out, scroll to the area you're going to, and then zoom back in again or is there somewhere you can enter a Post (zip) code or similar?

Cancel this, think I've sorted it, just found "The Hub" where I can plot a route in Google Maps and upload too the App :cool: The only thing I haven't worked out yet is how to get it over to the App?

Last edited:
With a little help from Youtube videos I think I've sorted this all out. Programmed a test flight in The Hub, saved it and then imported it to my tablet, and here it is!± All I need now is for the rain to stop (yes, it's STILL raining here in Devon) and I'll give it a go! Um, don't think I got the POI quite right, didn't enter any radius for the fly round??
IMG_5826.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guudguy39