Lipo battery bag

Reaction score
Hi there
are lipo bags important , and many people use them .. and is it best to charge and carry batteries in one of these , cheers

Glen...i also have wondered about that too....I have never seen much here on the buying and use of them....So i'm watching the thread too.

Reactions: Glen G
Lipo bags are useful if you are travelling on an airline. You are not allowed to 'check' your batteries, they have to be carried on, stored in Lipo Fire Safe bags. I've travelled on many international and domestic flights with no problems. As for charging the batteries in them I have never done that, I use a multi charger on my garage work (drone) bench, granted I do have a smoke alarm directly above the bench. An inexpensive piece of mind if you ask me.

You have to do what u feel comfortable with. One’s personal approach to safety can’t be argued with.
Having said that I have never owned them.
LiPos are not time-bombs and fires are a function of improper charging, discharging (terminal shorts for example ), or physical damage such as crash.
If you consider the fact stores and warehouses are full of them just sitting on shelves there’s no need to worry they will just combust for no reason.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.. [emoji106] I thought they maybe a little overkill
Cheers

I have some and don’t use them, I’ve not seen airlines requiring them for transport in hand luggage (they do require that they are carried not checked-in luggage) but happy to be corrected and each to their own. The bags won’t stop a fire imho they may assist in containing a fire but I’ve got my doubts. Perhaps Smoke alarm, distance from flammable items etc whilst charging are better safety measures

Whether or not they really make that much of a difference... I dunno. However, they're pretty cheap, so can't really hurt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik