Light painting with a drone as the brush.

Reaction score
Took these tonight of my drone with a LED light stick mounted to the skids.
IMG_0954w.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0955w.jpg
    IMG_0955w.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0958w.jpg
    IMG_0958w.jpg
    666.5 KB · Views: 239
Hi Mandy

Very Beautiful.... are you the first to do this...? if so congrats on innovation, I have seen a photographer draw angel wings on a subject using torch light but not seen this done with a drone before..... nice, could it be done with a city or landscape in the background..?

Watlander

I have seen this done before and posted here but I think they look cool. Some are better than others I have seen but these are great .

Reactions: Maddy
Love them.
Could you give us more details on the how to for equipment used, camera settings etc?

Hi Mandy

Very Beautiful.... are you the first to do this...? if so congrats on innovation, I have seen a photographer draw angel wings on a subject using torch light but not seen this done with a drone before..... nice, could it be done with a city or landscape in the background..?

Watlander
Thank you!
Light painting has been done for years with drones maybe not with my approach, but maybe so? This was my first session doing this and was more of an experiment with good results. However, stability issues arose that I need to get figured out before going out again. You can see wobbly lines created by the lights which was the whole setup shacking.
Yes, cityscape in the background might work.

Love them.
Could you give us more details on the how to for equipment used, camera settings etc?
Mount some lights on the drone and fly in front of a camera until you think you've got the shot.
The camera must be on a tripod with the shutter set on bulb and opened with a remote to prevent camera shake. Settings I used were ISO 125 and fstop 9.

Not at this time as it is back to the drawing board for me due to stability issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West