Life time RC battery

But they dont just send power to the Battery. If they did they would not need to connect to the balancing port as well. The charger itself is what will keep the cells balanced and conditions the cells. You dont need to have the balancing port connected to charge, without it would just supply power and charge it. But it would not balance it and monitor the battery during that as well.

There is alot more going on inside of the charger then just supplying power. It does all of the same work as the chargers we use with RC Car Lipos, though it is just a very small and slow charger. Except the DJI charger does not have the menu that you have to go through to set all of the parameters needed to charge your battery. If you had to setup a charger to charge a DJI lipo you would have alot of confused people on this forum trying to figure out how to charge a battery safely for the first time. DJI was smart and recognised that would have been a issue and made an all inclusive charger with all of the settings put in place so people could not mess up or become very confused.

The charger just supplies power as o said.
It does not connect to a balancing port on the battery as there isn't one.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The charger just supplies power as o said.
It does not connect to a balancing port on the battery as there isn't one.

Have you ever seen Traxxas ID connectors on how they integrate the balancing port directly into the actual charging lead? It works on the same principle.

Have you ever seen Traxxas ID connectors on how they integrate the balancing port directly into the actual charging lead? It works on the same principle.

This may be true for the P4 as not much has been written yet but for the P2 & P3 you are incorrect.

All the limiting and other intelligent features you mentioned are built into the battery.

I have not seen these connectors but I can assure you that the Dji intelligent batteries which we are discussing just need and only get power supplied to them. The balancing and any other power adjustments are made by the battery itself.

I have not seen these connectors but I can assure you that the Dji intelligent batteries which we are discussing just need and only get power supplied to them. The balancing and any other power adjustments are made by the battery itself.

+1

There is a great deal of material on the best way to 'treat' or handle LiPos on-line if you wish to search.

Don't over charge, over discharge, store in extreme hot or cold, store at 60-50% charge level, etc.

The DJI intelligent interface removes much if not all of this from your worry.

The LiPo cells themselves within the pack are not user serviceable. If you do not have LiPo, electronics, and soldering experience don't even consider it.

LiPos have a very high energy density and can be dangerous if misused.

Best storage of LiPo batteries is at about half charge and at low temperatures such as in a refrigerator (not the freezer). Low temperatures are better for storage, but not good for energy when flying. Excessive discharge or over charging will kill LiPos very quickly.

Best storage of LiPo batteries is at about half charge and at low temperatures such as in a refrigerator (not the freezer). Low temperatures are better for storage, but not good for energy when flying. Excessive discharge or over charging will kill LiPos very quickly.

Not sure you contradicted anything I said or added anything new except you store in a refrigerator which I have never seen in any manufacturers care and use guidelines.

Not sure you contradicted anything I said or added anything new except you store in a refrigerator which I have never seen in any manufacturers care and use guidelines.

My main comment is that LiPo batteries should be kept cool for longer life, and not at room temperature as you suggested

You're putting words in my posts.
Don't find those words in the quote you posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20