Launch site causing problems?

Reaction score
D0AEE2F4-4B47-46F7-A187-1F4F78C83CBD.jpeg
I live near a short pier which is very convenient for flying as it takes me over 150m away from built up areas, people etc. When I flew my Mavic Pro from there I had no problems at all but since buying my P4P I get all sorts of problems, transmission drop-outs etc.
I wondered if the construction of the pier is affecting things? The pier has old railway tracks embedded in the surface and the many bollards you can see are all metal capstans previously used for roping up ships.

I’ve flown the Phantom elsewhere without issue.

Thank you,

Gary

View attachment 104038 I live near a short pier which is very convenient for flying as it takes me over 150m away from built up areas, people etc. When I flew my Mavic Pro from there I had no problems at all but since buying my P4P I get all sorts of problems, transmission drop-outs etc.
I wondered if the construction of the pier is affecting things? The pier has old railway tracks embedded in the surface and the many bollards you can see are all metal capstans previously used for roping up ships.
You haven't given us much detail to know what issues you are actually having.
Launching from the pier shouldn't cause the signal to drop out but if you are launching from reinforced concrete or close to steel you can give yourself serious compass issues.

Sorry - last night I was about 200 ft up and 200 ft away when I got a transmission error and the screen went black for a second or two before it recovered. I checked my antenna orientation and that was ok and I was aiming right at it. I got two or three of these errors and in the end just landed.

Sorry - last night I was about 200 ft up and 200 ft away when I got a transmission error and the screen went black for a second or two before it recovered. I checked my antenna orientation and that was ok and I was aiming right at it. I got two or three of these errors and in the end just landed.
Your launch spot won't be related to that sort of thing.
You have a choice of two frequency bands with the P4 pro.
If you are getting drop outs or interference on 2.4 or 5.8 GHz, try swapping to the other one.
You can do that while in flight without any problem.

Thank you for that, I’ll give it a go later. Strange it should only occur at this location... thanks again.

Thank you for that, I’ll give it a go later. Strange it should only occur at this location... thanks again.
Nice place to fly, if does again at same location try different channel,change from auto to custom,mayby something in that area that interfering with auto selection,I just say that cause when watching it work it goes back and forth,custom selection might work cause it holding the channel not searching all the time,

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez