Just wondering...... about Kobe’s crash

P-2

Reaction score
When flying a drone and I get in a tight spot, I get up to 400 ft........ Clear of Most dangers then I head home. Why didn’t that chopper pilot take his craft up up up Above the mountains and and clear the fog? I know this is “arm chair quarterbacking“ but in a foggy situation with mountains,........... This tragedy did not need to happen. Atleast could have just landed on the spot. ( Mod Removed Langage) Very Sad

Last edited by a moderator:
Simplest answer is he was flying under "special VFR" which is Visual Flight Rules. Under those you cannot fly into IMC (Instrument Meteorological Conditions, ie: clouds) until you receive clearance. Could he have asked for and gotten it? Yes. Why he didn't will be part of the investigation.

Simplest answer is he was flying under "special VFR" which is Visual Flight Rules. Under those you cannot fly into IMC (Instrument Meteorological Conditions, ie: clouds) until you receive clearance. Could he have asked for and gotten it? Yes. Why he didn't will be part of the investigation.

listning to the control tower when he was told he was too low, 3 seconds later you hear a click, I assume that was when it crashed cutting the radio off, so he wouldn't have had time to think about gaining height in that short time,,, sad thing

Yip pretty shocked on this story to,big news here too,,I'm sort of surprised that now days there is nothing in the way of fire retardant which goes off in these situations, the burnt wreckage is incredible and does seem avoidable in these accidents, all this flash technology but no fire extinguisher built in to these or most aircraft that fly seems odd ,,it could say lives
..R.I.P..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31