iOS app 1.1.1 and Firmware 1.1.6 - First Test Flight

Reaction score
First 5 minute test flight complete. This thing rocks! The app is beautiful. All I did was a compass calibration - everything else default. iOS app 1.1.1 and Firmware 1.1.6.
- Got 16 satellite lock within seconds on my porch (V+ took some time to get 6).
- No sign of the TBE we got down in NZ when the V+ first came out
First Flight Video here (VERY boring)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

First arbitrary test photos here (even more boring)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124983536@N07/sets/72157652328341516/

Unfortunately it's dark already outside. Time to read the manual and figure out all these settings. More fun tomorrow.

Crazy how it was daylight over there when the app came online. The world is round.

Wow! I really like this iOS app, but I think I'll wait for daylight. Got my P3 yesterday and hours later the app is released. I guess some will have to take back things said about DJI.

Sweet.. it works
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice reef set up in your rio 125 from what i can tell, is the firm ware that comes on the bird out the box the 1.1.6 version.

Nice reef set up in your rio 125 from what i can tell, is the firm ware that comes on the bird out the box the 1.1.6 version.

Yip - Rio 125. Cheers.

I had to upgrade the FW. Download from DJI, unzip to root of SD card, drop it into the P3's camera and panic for 25 mins while it beeps. Then repeat with the controller (I used a card reader with the SD card from the P3), but this time the beeping wait was short - maybe 5 mins. The log files on the SD card confirmed both updates were good.

Only concern so far is how hot the electronics run. Had it sitting on the counter for 40 mins and I can't touch the plate on top of the optical flow module. I guess under normal use it will be getting a lot of air flow. The battery also drains pretty quick in idle compare to the V+. You can feel the POWER :)

drop it into the P3's camera and panic for 25 mins while it beeps. :D:D:D:D:D

Cheers thanks HacKiwi, yea i have not opened mine yet so didn't know if the firmware on the craft out the box was 1.1.6 or not. cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic