Insane crash!

Reaction score
Just got done shooting aerial photos of a house and was on my way back to land and one of my props flew off. I think I was around 600 or 700 feet up. Not sure but it was a ways as I barely could see it.

I ran up to the back of the house and into the thick forest and started looking. After 20 minutes of frantic looking I found it. I was lucky that it wasn't stuck in the top of a tree and the tree branches softened the blow of it hitting the ground.

I havent tried flying it yet but it looks to be in ok shape. Nothing looks broke from the outside. I am going to take a peek inside later this evening. Always make sure the props are on tight before flight! haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMc1X7SYlKI

Wow, that's crazy LOL I'm definitely gonna buy one of those cheap buzzers which scream if you turn off the radio, they help you find a lost bird.

I can tell you that you were not 600-700 ft up. It may seem that high but in relation to the size of trees and how quickly it hit the ground it tells me that you were maybe 300ft. Just remember the fisheye lens on the gopro makes it look like you are 2 to 3 times higher when you remove the fisheye with software you are able to more accurately judge your altitude.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers