How to Be the Guy that Gives Drone Photographers a Bad Name

Haha, well written article, I like his sense of humor too.

you don't need permission to fly over someones property. People don't own the airspace. If you are not breaking any airspace rules or got permission from the ATC, then your all good. But if you are hovering over someones property and be creep then they could get you for invasion of privacy but they would have to prove it.

you don't need permission to fly over someones property. People don't own the airspace. If you are not breaking any airspace rules or got permission from the ATC, then your all good. But if you are hovering over someones property and be creep then they could get you for invasion of privacy but they would have to prove it.

I think height makes a huge difference in this issue. Not necessarilly in regards to legality, but simply in regards to annoyance factor. If you're flying 390' over someone's property, no big deal. If you're flying 30' over someone's property, I can completely understand them getting upset. I try not to fly over people's houses at all, but if I do, I usually keep it as high as I can.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl