Home Lock but behaved like Course Lock?

Assuming the 'copter was facing away from you at takeoff (which is common, I would expect), in both HL and CL, the 'copter should have come towards you when you moved the right stick down. Moving a different direction implies that either you were not in HD or CL mode, the home point was wrong, or there weren't enough satellites.

Since RTH worked, it seems like you weren't really in HL or CL mode. Check the switches in the RC or Vision Assistant and make sure NAZA mode is enabled.

-- Roger
def set this to NAZA a while back because I have used HL function so many times when I have had the copter out of sight and brought her back using HL

ok so I went out and did an experiment and i went into HL and then push right stick (but instead of straight down at 6 oclock i pushed it to the extreme left and right and i did not come back directly to me however it went on a tangent, so maybe that what the issue was in the first place.

ok so I went out and did an experiment and i went into HL and then push right stick (but instead of straight down at 6 oclock i pushed it to the extreme left and right and i did not come back directly to me however it went on a tangent, so maybe that what the issue was in the first place.

That's what it's supposed to do. HL is relative to a point. CL is relative to a direction, specifically, the direction it's pointing at the first set of green flashes.

That's what it's supposed to do. HL is relative to a point. CL is relative to a direction, specifically, the direction it's pointing at the first set of green flashes.

That's a good way to explain it.

Is yours a P2V+ version 3? I heard someone claim that the version 3 has better upgraded switches.
No, mine is an original P2V+ bought in May 2014. What alarmed me was that BOTH switches failed, implying a more common problem. I've seen way too many failures, as described in this thread, that intermittent S1/S2 switch failure could cause - especially in the NAZA mode. I'd like to think that the V3 switches are improved but IMHO testing these switches is worth the small effort to avoid a potentially catastrophic fail.
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26266

I had an issue yesterday, while flying quite far, and then thought I had yawed the craft enought to fly back by pushing the right stick forward. It was then noted that the P2 was not making very good progress and appeared to be moving sideways to my position.

Never fear, I told myself, I have HL. Flipped S2 to HL and pulled back on the right stick and saw the P2 pitch and fly directly away from me.

Quickly I re-established GPS mode and stabilized the craft, which is still far enough away that I can't determine attitude (fwd/bkwd).

Then I thought about using FS, but then figured that if my 'Home Position' was set incorreclty, then maybe my craft was operating correctly in HL, but using an incorrect HP.

After a time I was able to bring the craft back and reset the HP. This flight was the only time I have not tested HL before sending the craft out to any distance. Always test your HL in preflight.

Reactions: Brent10
I. Flipped S2 to HL and pulled back on the right stick and saw the P2 pitch and fly directly away from me. .
This has happened to me a few times. HL would not bring phantom back to me went in other direction. I flipped on RTH switch and it came back home. I not thinking it lost sat. count or position because when I did RTH it came home. I'm thinking maybe a strong radio signal blast from something else scrabbled the signal or the ' Phantoms brain' and put phantom in some other mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl