H.O.A. Letter

No doubt.
image.jpg

Next thing you'll know it will be okay to fly around forest fires with drones.
http://innovationlabs.com/uav5/ppts/NASA_bobbe.pdf

No doubt.View attachment 32120
Next thing you'll know it will be okay to fly around forest fires with drones.
http://innovationlabs.com/uav5/ppts/NASA_bobbe.pdf
Seattle PD bought a few of the drones pictured. When the citizens of Seattle found out, they were pissed. Pissed about drones, and pissed THEIR money was spent buying these invaders of privacy.
There was such an uproar the SPD had to return the drones with a promise not to ever use drones again, or something like that.
Seattlelites do not like drones.

Unfortunately judges have ruled that HOA's are "autonomous states" so they could actually can pull something like this off.

And the verdict is.......No surprise here. I tried. Enforcement is clearly an issue.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447447559.535327.jpg

Reactions: Ti22
I'd fight it. According to their definition, even little microdrones are outlawed, as well as flying within your own backyard. Flying it below the fence line even. What if someone from the neighboring subdivision area flies over "their airspace"? What do they think they can possibly do? They have no control over what people outside the boundaries of their property do. It's all blustering hot air, and I'd go to HOA meeting and fight it.

By that definition, these are drones:

paper_airplanes.jpg

25072010752_0EB473FC-0D65-1B97-9070525B1833169B.jpg

mcjxlaFq85j4O18oJSebiEQ.jpg

Hmmm, many HOAs cannot pass rules regarding your parcel use (lot) without a membership vote.

If that were the case in my HOA they could not prevent me from flying from and over my lot.

Let them know that they are not the FAA (in case they are confused). Cite the US Code that states that the Fed Govt is in charge of airspace and the Code that states the FAA is in charge of regulating airspace.

Your HOA is free to regulate the land that they own and what happens _on_ the _land_. That is all. However, this would probably include operating the drone even from your own property.

They can no more regulate your drone in the air then they can regulate aircraft (it's been ruled your drone is an "aircraft" when it comes to FAA regulation).

It really is a question of how they word their regulation. That is, if they attempt to restrict airspace or where a drone can be operated from.

Let me scan some paperwork my parents just sent me a few days ago on this very subject (HOA's wanting to ban drones, not going into details on the law) and I'll add it to this post. You may even want to share the paperwork with the HOA.

I am amazed how we pay HOAs to rule us like sheep.........

I am amazed how we pay HOAs to rule us like sheep.........

It's your choice to buy/own within an HOA...
Not sure sheep is the best analogy when you have freewill to choose.

No offense but oversimplification, IMO. We all live unique lifestyles and have different requirements and choices for housing, work, commute, love, life, etc. I don't walk in your shoes and your don't walk in mine….

HOA's may be a necessary evil for some folks and I think the distinction here is that when making the choice to join HOA and buy-in, these prohibitions weren't part of the contract. Now, apparently through whatever "due process" they're rules of the land.

Albeit without disclosed penalties at this time, haha…

Our current HOA situation has done similar as OP. They even went the extra step to ban all RC vehicles/devices including cars kids play with in their driveway or quiet culdesac. Utter ********, WTF are kids supposed to do to play and learn?

Reactions: schemer
Look to your documents to see if they (BOD) can promulgate rules regarding parcels without membership vote.

Not common here in Fla.

You also have State Statutes regarding HOAs, non-profit corps., etc.

You may find the BOD has no such authority without community (member) input.

It's your choice to buy/own within an HOA...
Not sure sheep is the best analogy when you have freewill to choose.

It's one thing to know what rules are in place when you move in. It's quite another when they keep piling on more and more unreasonable rules.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl