Greetings from Western Maryland

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I picked up a P3S on Craigslist yesterday.
The seller was selling it with, according to the seller, zero flight time. He bought a Pro quickly after buying the Standard. He never flew the Standard and it certainly appeared to be the truth. This thing was PRISTINE! I insisted on him doing a quick demo flight. Everything went well so we shook on it and I am now the proud owner (when he threw in a rolling hard case because I was a local pickup it made the decision easier).
When I got home I got all the batteries charged up and I linked up my phone and saw a firmware update was available. After I got the success message, everything restarted and I got the rapid yellow flashing lights. I looked around for solutions and nothing seemed to fit my situation. My first night with the Phantom was looking bad. Eventually (before posting a panicked help message online) I found the main screen on the phone app offered to apply the firmware again. I did this and it went MUCH faster and I got everything working.
This is not my first quad. A number of years ago I had a Parrot AR (I won't include the last part of the name). You don't have to explain how incredibly different these two aircraft are. I'm really looking forward to this upgrade.
Since the Parrot I have owned a couple micro quads in an effort to keep my manual flying skills up while I waited for a good deal.
When the FAA regulations came through I figured I'd never get a Phantom. Just too much hassle. I guess I changed my mind. The rules don't seem to be TOO crazy. However, I've got to say I wouldn't mind (after some experience) going higher than 400'. Maybe once I get up to that altitude I will see that I might not NEED to go higher than that.
If the seller is on here and sees this, M, thanks for a great Craigslist experience/transaction. I'm now just sitting here waiting for weather conditions to improve so I can log some flight time.
ThreeGs

I've been getting most of my flying in at Clear Spring Middle/High school.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl