Full clip on propeller guards

It's an optical illusion. They extend enough past the props to protect them from most things. I don't have a shot from directly above, but The photo just above where I put up the pictures of them on my quad, if you look at the bottom right prop which is closes , and imagine rotating that prop, you'll see there's probably a cm or more clearance, but I'll grab some pics next time I have it out for a fly. Hopefully tomorrow after work.

Ezookiel; I'm really glad that you've had a positive experience with these.

I've had a couple of people require replacements due to cracks. There are 2 ways that seem obvious to some users to install the guards. One way, bends the fitting as per design, and the other way splits it open. If you end up buying these from me, please remember to install them across the horizontal plane, rather than vertically. I designed them specifically to absorb stress along the horizontal plane, because this is by far the most likely vector for a prop guard to be useful.

In my experience they are more rigid than DJI's offering, and along with being lighter and more aerodynamic, they are generally a superior product, before you consider the ease of use.

tcope said:
battman2036 said:
They don't appear to extend pasty the props. or is this an optical illusion?

Look at the first images in this thread.

I did. Unfortunately the blades were at an angle and not perpendicular to the leading edge. That is why I asked the question based on the other images. I do appreciate the help and responses

I'd say there's about 1 cm clearance.
Not a huge amount I guess, but considering the weigh saving and massively easier use, and the fact that it's enough for most normal bumps and knocks, it should be plenty. Anything that hits hard enough to bend these in by 1cm is going to do other damage anyway.
With most weight below the guards, if you hit something the quad should automatically get tilted away as the momentum of the low down weight continues towards the obstacle, so I'm confident in them.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425456127.099250.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425456127.099250.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 307
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425456167.718365.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425456167.718365.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 310
Ezookiel; I'm really glad that you've had a positive experience with these.

I've had a couple of people require replacements due to cracks. There are 2 ways that seem obvious to some users to install the guards. One way, bends the fitting as per design, and the other way splits it open. If you end up buying these from me, please remember to install them across the horizontal plane, rather than vertically. I designed them specifically to absorb stress along the horizontal plane, because this is by far the most likely vector for a prop guard to be useful.

In my experience they are more rigid than DJI's offering, and along with being lighter and more aerodynamic, they are generally a superior product, before you consider the ease of use.

See PM sent today.
Love how easy these are to use. I've had them survive one flight through some leaves and branches
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic