FPV Goggles?

Reaction score
Anyone found any suitable FPV goggles for the P3 yet?

I've never tried goggles before but I'm interested to see what's out there because as I'm starting to fly in the sun more and more, it's irritating me to have to squint to be able to see my phone screen.

Cheers,
Nick

Anyone found any suitable FPV goggles for the P3 yet?

I've never tried goggles before but I'm interested to see what's out there because as I'm starting to fly in the sun more and more, it's irritating me to have to squint to be able to see my phone screen.

Cheers,
Nick
I was under the impression that goggles will not work on the P3 at this time because there is no HDMI out on the controller, only the single USB that connects the ipad or android.??

Can anyone clarify??

If you use a tablet like the Nvidia shield, it also has hdmi out so you can connect the tablet as normal to the tx but then also plug your hdmi goggles into the tablet also. The Zeiss Cinemizers seem to be the best out there at the moment but I only saw the other day that they have ceased production so you will need to find a second hand pair on fleabay.

If you use a tablet like the Nvidia shield, it also has hdmi out so you can connect the tablet as normal to the tx but then also plug your hdmi goggles into the tablet also. The Zeiss Cinemizers seem to be the best out there at the moment but I only saw the other day that they have ceased production so you will need to find a second hand pair on fleabay.
What about Fat Shark Dominators-- I have a brand new pair-- will they work?

Then they should work fine with the Nvidia shield tablet. Bring your goggles into a store that sells the Nvidia and check it out first before buying.

Then they should work fine with the Nvidia shield tablet. Bring your goggles into a store that sells the Nvidia and check it out first before buying.
I really appreciate the info! I like the goggles when it is bright and sunny.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
so one option is the $700-900 cinemizers that isn't in production anymore

I really appreciate the info! I like the goggles when it is bright and sunny.

how much were your Fatshark? could you link me to a pair?

There's a few brands out there, itv goggles and vuzix goggles are two of them. I don't know what the reviews are like on them though.

How would you rate their comfort out of /10?

I've never tried on any fpv goggles but some of them just look a bit uncomfortable.
They are very comfortable-- 9 to 10 -- the head strap is adjustable so you can mess with the tension until you like it.

They are very comfortable-- 9 to 10 -- the head strap is adjustable so you can mess with the tension until you like it.

Cool, thanks. I'll definitely have to look into a pair then.

Reactions: bobmyers
As I said make sure they work first, I know the cinemizers do but I've just watched a youtube review and one thing that concerns me is they said it takes in a hdmi input of 720p. I just hope that they don't run into problems if the Nvidia is outputting at 1080p or above and that the goggles can handle it? It may not be a problem at all but something I'd definitely want to check out first. The inbuilt dvr is pretty cool though.

As I said make sure they work first, I know the cinemizers do but I've just watched a youtube review and one thing that concerns me is they said it takes in a hdmi input of 720p. I just hope that they don't run into problems if the Nvidia is outputting at 1080p or above and that the goggles can handle it? It may not be a problem at all but something I'd definitely want to check out first. The inbuilt dvr is pretty cool though.
I will take my goggles to the dealer and plug them in to see-- thanks!

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
The cinemizers take in 1080P. They display 870x500. They are OLED vs. LCD. That's why they are so crisp. I like them. I wish the viewing size was bigger. But they are a small profile and do fine for the phantom 3. I don't know about ceasing production. I would call and ask zeiss. I haven't looked at a fat shark he but from a video I saw, quality wasn't as good as the cinemizers. I did run a 1080p video from my iPad. The quality of the video was excellent. Now, the phantom only puts out 720P. This is because of bandwidth. Larger video, while possible, would eat up bandwidth and cause video lag. So the cinemizers are appropriate for the phantom. They display 1080P (at 870 x 500) really well for other uses. There is another FPV called headplay. And basically you look like a idiot using them

A mate of mine already emailed zeiss and they confirmed that they were out of production. Hopefully for a better newer model.

I have the Zeiss Cinemizers. I bought a Acer Iconia Tab 8 tablet since it has HDMI out port, it is cheap and it has a full HD screen. I recommend this combo for your Phantom 3, I'm very happy with it.

Reactions: Itay

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.