Forget the P3, this is what you want

Reaction score
...if you have very deep pockets.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I got to see one in action in my area recently during International Drone Day and it was truly awesome. Wish I had taken some video.

Some of the more notable features:
  • 40 minute flight time
  • 10x zoom
  • IR sensor with FLIR
  • Range: 10K
  • Folds up to size of a shoebox
  • Whisper quiet (really)
But like I said, deep pockets required. The rep hinted that the gimbal alone would cost around $5K with a complete unit averaging around $50-60K, but no doubt, this is the future of our hobby.

Read the full story here and here.

Available at Best Buy for $999 in about 3 years :D (unless the FAA shuts us down before then).

Reactions: dirkclod
I'll take two, please.

10x zoom?
Now we all CAN actually spy on our neighbours the way they all THINK we do.

Reactions: Ari and dirkclod
10x zoom?
Now we all CAN actually spy on our neighbours the way they all THINK we do.
Somebody float me a loan ! :D Naaa just joking

60K to sell dozens and cover R&D. There's really no reason it could cost 60K if mass produced, unless Lockheed wants to suck taxpayer money.
I like the design and foldable arms making it small enough to just throw in a backpack.

60K to sell dozens and cover R&D. There's really no reason it could cost 60K if mass produced, unless Lockheed wants to suck taxpayer money.
I like the design and foldable arms making it small enough to just throw in a backpack.

Yes, if they scaled down to a more sensible price, they'd probably get a much larger market. The old lemonade stall adage that you can try charging $5 a glass and sell one glass, or charge 50cents a glass and sell 100 glasses.
Aiming only at large budget military etc when they could aim at them and also get every security company, line inspection company, search & rescue organisation, beach life saving organisation, etc etc.
The overprice tactic might work if they were the only company making drones, but they've a lot of competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have a very specific market in mind.. And probably don't intend on selling to the general consumer. The price tag also represents the commercial support you would get from Lockheed.

Yes, if they scaled down to a more sensible price, they'd probably get a much larger market. The old lemonade stall adage that you can try charging $5 a glass and sell one glass, or charge 50cents a glass and sell 100 glasses.
Aiming only at large budget military etc when they could aim at them and also get every security company, line inspection company, search & rescue organisation, beach life saving organisation, etc etc.
The overprice tactic might work if they were the only company making drones, but they've a lot of competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You ever see any general consumer Lockheed Martin products at the store?
It's called 'government contracts' and the funds never run dry when you use phrases like "protecting homeland security" and "stopping terroristic acts", etc.
You get the idea.

This particular quad has been on the market for 3 years already, so the technology is there. How long before a 40 minute battery trickles down to the masses? I held an Indago battery and was surprised at how light is was, and witnessed it be airborne for over 30 minutes.

The drone laws should prevent police forces from using drones, not videographers.
There won't be any drone laws that restrict law enforcement from using drones. The Patriot act allows them to use any means necessary to gather approved surveillance. That includes drones...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic