Flying Over Wedding Guests?

It boggles my mind how you could think/assume the FAA is over reaching by protecting people and property on the ground. That is the REASON for the FAA. They keep us SAFE on the ground by controlling what happens in the air.

Now if the FAA stated something like "R/C cars and boats must remain at a X# speed etc" that would be out of their Realm of Control. By them saying what you can and can't do IN THE AIR is well within their Realm of Control and rightfully so. Just because you are planted firmly on Terra Firma doesn't change the fact that your operation is 100% within the National Airspace System.

If you're going to be a Big Boy and play in the NAS then you're going to also have to play by the Big Boy rules.

Okay, next time you hear of someone dropping a drone into a crowd and messing up some poor lady’s hair, go ahead and tell the responding police officer to go away, that it’s not in his jurisdiction and the FAA will be here shortly..

It’s on the ground. Would the FAA rightfully be part of the investigation? Sure, a breakdown in SOMETHING in the NAS was the source of the “threat”.. Beyond that, their mandate is to keep the airspace safe and keep stuff in the air that belongs in the air..., what’s on the ground underneath really isn’t their business.. if a wedding party is their business, they probably need to ban flying a drone over a river inhabited by snail darters as well... can’t risk hurting them either..

Okay, next time you hear of someone dropping a drone into a crowd and messing up some poor lady’s hair, go ahead and tell the responding police officer to go away, that it’s not in his jurisdiction and the FAA will be here shortly..

It’s on the ground. Would the FAA rightfully be part of the investigation? Sure, a breakdown in SOMETHING in the NAS was the source of the “threat”.. Beyond that, their mandate is to keep the airspace safe and keep stuff in the air that belongs in the air..., what’s on the ground underneath really isn’t their business.. if a wedding party is their business, they probably need to ban flying a drone over a river inhabited by snail darters as well... can’t risk hurting them either..

You've completely lost a grasp on this topic. I'll leave you here to sort it out yourself. Good luck my friend.

A couple wanted me to do their wedding. I told them how far I had to fly away from people and how noisy the drone would be, they changed their mind about it. What kind of a wedding would want a distraction of a drone flying overhead? Forget the bride and groom, I'm watching that stupid drone flying overhead. Lol That is exactly what would happen.

A couple wanted me to do their wedding. I told them how far I had to fly away from people and how noisy the drone would be, they changed their mind about it. What kind of a wedding would want a distraction of a drone flying overhead? Forget the bride and groom, I'm watching that stupid drone flying overhead. Lol That is exactly what would happen.

BINGO!!

We've shot several weddings and you're 100% correct. We go into it letting the client know just what to expect to see and HEAR! Most still want it but we only do it before/after the ceremony and not OVER PEOPLE! Plus people are boring from straight overhead anyway.

Reactions: AuldGimpy
Well, the same basic principle goes well beyond weddings.. I’ve been at a small outdoor concert venue several times with drones flying overhead: I didn’t bother hunting down the culprit, ask for their exemption documentation, and explain that they must leave their outlaw ways behind and worship at the altar of the almighty FAA, I just thought to myself “they could get some really cool footage if they know what they’re doing”....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4