Flying on beach in FL

Reaction score
I am new to this, apologies in advance. I have been doing a ton of research about the rules and regs and specifically using my drone on the beach in Stuart FL. I do have my TRUST certificate and really just want to follow the rules and be safe. There is an air field near by (Whitham Field). Based on Aloft this is Class D airspace and the area I want to fly in has a max altitude of 200 ft. So if I get approval and follow the rules am I allowed to fly?

Reactions: brigerdrones
I am new to this, apologies in advance. I have been doing a ton of research about the rules and regs and specifically using my drone on the beach in Stuart FL. I do have my TRUST certificate and really just want to follow the rules and be safe. There is an air field near by (Whitham Field). Based on Aloft this is Class D airspace and the area I want to fly in has a max altitude of 200 ft. So if I get approval and follow the rules am I allowed to fly?
Use LAANC and you're golden. B4UFly to check airspace and then it will take you to Aloft. Apply for the LAANC approval and you're good. Remember, as a recreational flyer, you can't fly at night in controlled airspace.

Have fun!

Use LAANC and you're golden. B4UFly to check airspace and then it will take you to Aloft. Apply for the LAANC approval and you're good. Remember, as a recreational flyer, you can't fly at night in controlled airspace.

Have fun!
Thank You!

Keep in mind, local governments may have their own drone laws in place that you always need to check before flying. While only the FAA controls the airspace, a local government can establish No Launch/Landing laws from county or town-owned land. Here is a list of some local drone flying ordinances in Florida. Scroll down for the more local ones. Drone Laws in Florida (2022) - UAV Coach

Happy flying!

Last edited:
Try to get a LAANC but since it is Class D, but I doubt a TRUST individual would get approval. Ensure you are not in one of the national seashore parks. (National Parks are off limits). I just tried to get approval as a recreational flyer and was denied.

Try to get a LAANC but since it is Class D, but I doubt a TRUST individual would get approval. Ensure you are not in one of the national seashore parks. (National Parks are off limits). I just tried to get approval as a recreational flyer and was denied.
Recreational flyers (TRUST) are allowed to use LAANC. They've been allowed since last summer. You just can't fly at night in controlled airspace.

Recreational flyers (TRUST) are allowed to use LAANC. They've been allowed since last summer. You just can't fly at night in controlled airspace.
Thanks for the info. Just want to elaborate on TRUST. Are you saying if I had my part 107 I would have a better chance of getting approval? Again, I am new at this a feel me being ignorant is not an excuse for not following the rules.

Regardless of whether you are flying recreationally or Part 107 certified, you will have equal opportunity to fly in a 100, 200, 300 or 400 LAANC cell. The exception is a ZERO cell. For that you will need to submit an Airspace Authorization request using the FAA's DroneZone website and provide well thought-out procedural details regarding your planned flight, as well as a compelling reason to fly that close to an airport. I haven't heard of anyone obtaining permission to fly in a zero cell just for fun.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic