Flight Logs

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do they seem pretty worthless. I decoded a couple from last night. One, I had a Compass error on, and all that's logged is satellite data, speed, alt, etc. I seriously almost crashed. Nothing about the compass error.

So if I had crashed what would have pointed to the cause?

I just discovered the DJI logs on my iPad as opposed to the .txt files exported from the app. Wow, now these logs are useful. My scary compass error flight shows that I took off in P-GPS Mode and a few seconds after liftoff I see it switch to P-ATTI Mode. Then a few more seconds and Compass Error and a warning that I'm in ATTI Mode and to switch back to GPS (how can you if you're already in P Mode with the switch as I never took it out of P-GPS). The flight recorder showed all the erratic movement as I fought for control.

The next 2 flights were perfect. If I did crash at least it showed that it was not user error.

I just discovered the DJI logs on my iPad as opposed to the .txt files exported from the app. Wow, now these logs are useful. My scary compass error flight shows that I took off in P-GPS Mode and a few seconds after liftoff I see it switch to P-ATTI Mode. Then a few more seconds and Compass Error and a warning that I'm in ATTI Mode and to switch back to GPS (how can you if you're already in P Mode with the switch as I never took it out of P-GPS). The flight recorder showed all the erratic movement as I fought for control.

The next 2 flights were perfect. If I did crash at least it showed that it was not user error.
How and where did you find the logs on the iPad?

I see you can upload the logs to the cloud. Is there a way to view the logs in the cloud on another device or computer?

Last edited:
To answer my own Question, I found the txt logs using iExplorer and navigated to the DJI Pilot app.

You will want to look at the logs on the iOS device thru the app itself as the txt files are worthless.

Go tot User Center and then the middle Icon for flight logs. You will be amazed at the detail. You can even view the stick movements during a flight.

I see you can upload the logs to the cloud. Is there a way to view the logs in the cloud on another device or computer?

I would like to know this as well. Be cool to view on a PC.

Would any of you with a i0S device be able take a screen shot of the data you're able to see? My i0s is not compatible so I can't see what it is you have been referring to.

Thanks to anyone that puts a image up!

Here is an example.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.PNG
    IMG_0003.PNG
    5.9 MB · Views: 721
Is it just me, or do they seem pretty worthless. I decoded a couple from last night. One, I had a Compass error on, and all that's logged is satellite data, speed, alt, etc. I seriously almost crashed. Nothing about the compass error.

So if I had crashed what would have pointed to the cause?
How did you actually decode the binary .txt logs out of interest? I know you say they aren't much good, but I'm curious how you did it. I'm just wanting to explore what is available from these apps.
Thanks.

Just export out of iTunes and upload to the site for decoding into .csv

Just export out of iTunes and upload to the site for decoding into .csv
There's more to those text logs:
The logs contain a massive amount of data, we'll probably improve the tool to output more data (right now we only process about 20%).
It will stay free yes, maybe in the future we'll have a ranking (fastest, longest, etc.), automatic uploads and more, but no ETA on that!

Good to know. I'd like to find out what the deal is with synching from iPad to the DJI Cloud. Doesn't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers