Flashing lights/RC signal loss/updated FW/and won't link to rc

Reaction score
I'm new. Very new to this. It's fun until this happened. I hope I explain this correctly.

I updated my DJI 3 standard and now it says RC signal loss but I have full bars on my DJI app for the rc. I've been looking and looking at tons of videos and tried linking the rc to the ac a million times and nothing. I did the online tech chat with DJI and went thru tons of stuff and nothing worked. They told me to send it in but it was working great. I don't know what's the best remedy. Send it in or is their a real fix for it. It says I have the 3.1.1 when the aircraft is on but the version is unknown. And the 1.7.90+ Shows when I just have my rc on. But when I press and hold the hat it says current version unknown and under that it says getting firmware version list in red. It doesn't let me pick anything do anything. I don't know where to go from here. Camera is working tho and I can see live feed but doesn't do me any good if I can't fly haha.

Reactions: furyswrath
I'm new. Very new to this. It's fun until this happened. I hope I explain this correctly.

I updated my DJI 3 standard and now it says RC signal loss but I have full bars on my DJI app for the rc. I've been looking and looking at tons of videos and tried linking the rc to the ac a million times and nothing. I did the online tech chat with DJI and went thru tons of stuff and nothing worked. They told me to send it in but it was working great. I don't know what's the best remedy. Send it in or is their a real fix for it. It says I have the 3.1.1 when the aircraft is on but the version is unknown. And the 1.7.90+ Shows when I just have my rc on. But when I press and hold the hat it says current version unknown and under that it says getting firmware version list in red. It doesn't let me pick anything do anything. I don't know where to go from here. Camera is working tho and I can see live feed but doesn't do me any good if I can't fly haha.

Welcome to the 1.7.90 Club, Where you will either Get RC Signal Lost Error or Barometer Error. Ive tried everything and DJI support just wants me to send it to China for Inspection. Its not but 2 weeks old and it worked like a Champ till I updated the firmware. Should of never of updated. Lessons learned.

Welcome to the 1.7.90 Club, Where you will either Get RC Signal Lost Error or Barometer Error. Ive tried everything and DJI support just wants me to send it to China for Inspection. Its not but 2 weeks old and it worked like a Champ till I updated the firmware. Should of never of updated. Lessons learned.
Why would they want you to send it to China? If you are in North America, their warranty centre is in California.

Yep you would think. I even called back and got the same deal. Ship to China i asked about the 3 warranty centers in the US. And they said that wasnt possible. Either way i guess im waiting on Amazon for an exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hmm, something is odd here, I have one going back for the exact same issue and the return label they provided is for Carson California.

Has anyone tried the SD download? That looks like my only option I haven't tried. Just not real sure what I'm doing with that? Any feedback as tonif it's even worth trying?

What about downloading the firmware to the SD? Did you try that?

Yes thats only way I could do it. Once you go 1.7.090 you cant go back. It locks you into it.

What firmware version did you use? I tried the SD tonight but it didn't do anything. It said updating when I put the SD in but after it was complete it didn't change anything. I tried the v1.06.8. Is that the wrong one to use?

I was coming from 1.06.8 to 1.7.09 via sd upgrade because DJI update servers have been down.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So should I try downloading the 1.06.8 again? Or should I try a different firmware version? I downloaded the bin onto a blank SD and everything went well. I turned the rc and aircraft on without the SD in it linked everything up then installed the SD on my DJI go app it said updating and then said complete. Are there any other steps that I missed. Cause now when I turn my rc on it and check the firmware it still says I'm using the 1.7.09. Any thoughts? Or something to try. Thanks for your help so far. I hope I can get it straight.

Doesn't anyone have any thoughts on this?
Once your on 1.7.090 You cannot go Back

DJI Sent me this Firmware via a Ticket I put in. v1.7.094 its tiny 867K file. Ive loaded it, and when I do the Barometer Error Goes Away, However I get a RC Signal Lost Error Now, ive tried all the RC Linking and such. If I revert Back to 1.7.090 The Barometer Error Comes back.

So Maybe it will work for you.. I dont know
P3C_FW_V01.07.0094.bin

Thats the Link DJI sent me in the ticket.

Once your on 1.7.090 You cannot go Back

DJI Sent me this Firmware via a Ticket I put in. v1.7.094 its tiny 867K file. Ive loaded it, and when I do the Barometer Error Goes Away, However I get a RC Signal Lost Error Now, ive tried all the RC Linking and such. If I revert Back to 1.7.090 The Barometer Error Comes back.

So Maybe it will work for you.. I dont know
P3C_FW_V01.07.0094.bin

Thats the Link DJI sent me in the ticket.

Thanks for the help. I'll try it and let you know how it goes. I need to clear everything on the SD before I put this on there right?

So an Update, DJI sent me another Firmware patch, that didn't fix everything, but it got it to work to where it talked back to DJI servers and was able to do a real OTA update and Drone is back to 100% working order now.

What happened with mine on the RC Signal Lost was that doing the SD card update, it never updated the RC, so when the Aircraft went to 1.7.090 there was something new that the RC needed and it lost communication no matter what you did. So I guess thats why DJI Stresses against doing SD card updates on the P3S wait till you can do a OTA from within the application. Lessons Learned.

So an Update, DJI sent me another Firmware patch, that didn't fix everything, but it got it to work to where it talked back to DJI servers and was able to do a real OTA update and Drone is back to 100% working order now.

What happened with mine on the RC Signal Lost was that doing the SD card update, it never updated the RC, so when the Aircraft went to 1.7.090 there was something new that the RC needed and it lost communication no matter what you did. So I guess thats why DJI Stresses against doing SD card updates on the P3S wait till you can do a OTA from within the application. Lessons Learned.

Ok thanks. I tried everything, even the patch you gave me. So where can I get this new firmware patch that you used? Im still in the dark on this and have an expensive paper weight. hahaha. Thanks for your update and help on this.

Here is the link they sent me for the Bin file. QQ邮箱中转站文件

1.07.0098 is the version. Once i loaded this i was able to use the DJI app to force update OTA via the app. Once i got to 1.8 everything worked like a champ if that dont work you best consider sending it off for repair. Or put a support ticket in.

Here is the link they sent me for the Bin file. QQ邮箱中转站文件

1.07.0098 is the version. Once i loaded this i was able to use the DJI app to force update OTA via the app. Once i got to 1.8 everything worked like a champ if that dont work you best consider sending it off for repair. Or put a support ticket in.

I'm trying it right now to see what happens. It's updating it says but we will see what happens after it's complete. Ill keep you updated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20