Firmware Update

Reaction score
Just received my P4P. Have looked at a kajillion posts and videos about installing current firmware. Finally found one that worked.
Here's the instruction I received in the package with the P4P, concerning the RC firmware.
Generally the first part states, go to P4 page and download the latest firmware, extract it and put the files (named) to a micro SD card. Then:

"Insert the Micro SD card into the Micro SD card slot of the Remote Controller"

Unless I install and solder a SD card reader into the remote controller I don't see where I can get a sd card connected to the RC without using a card reader and the USB port. I can see the SD Card in the aircraft but can't find what they are looking for on the RC.

There's a note at the bottom of the page that says,

"DO NOT insert the Micro SD card into a card reader and use the USB port on the remote controller to update."

Maybe the brain power at DJI hasn't noticed there is no SD Card slot on the RC. Or.. maybe I am a bird brain and can't find it.
Also saw a post that advised putting the Micro SD card into the "Camere". WT_!

Just received my P4P. Have looked at a kajillion posts and videos about installing current firmware. Finally found one that worked.
Here's the instruction I received in the package with the P4P, concerning the RC firmware.
Generally the first part states, go to P4 page and download the latest firmware, extract it and put the files (named) to a micro SD card. Then:

Unless I install and solder a SD card reader into the remote controller I don't see where I can get a sd card connected to the RC without using a card reader and the USB port. I can see the SD Card in the aircraft but can't find what they are looking for on the RC.

"DO NOT insert the Micro SD card into a card reader and use the USB port on the remote controller to update."

Maybe the brain power at DJI hasn't noticed there is no SD Card slot on the RC. Or.. maybe I am a bird brain and can't find it.

The regular P4P (not +) can be updated directly from the DJI GO 4 app. It will on startup request you to update whatever is necessary (drone, controller, battery) and give instructions along the way. I.e. no need to download or copy anything manually.

The best way for me has been using the DJI Assistant 2 program and my pc. It keeps a history of updates and gives you rollback options.

This applies to the P4P+, if you own the P4P there is no SD card slot on the RC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak