Find My Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
Short version: I used Ground Station today to fly a few waypoints. Up until now it has been flawless. Every waypoint I set as I did before, and kept my altitude the same as before. I took off with a solid GPS fix (6+ satellites) and set 5 waypoints. 1-4 went without a hitch, as I make every other waypoint to do a flyover of my location just as a check in. The last waypoint, the Phantom flew off and never returned.

I drove and walked my neighborhood for over an hour with the controller and my iphone hoping to regain any connection. I didnt. The Find My Phantom 2 Vision in the settings gave me either A in my back yard B in my neighbors yard or C in an adjacent yard.... Nothing was found.

With the FInd my Phantom feature, what exactly does it report? Last available and known location via the wifi extender, or is it a real-time brodcast of where it is?????

I'm gonna be putting up fliers in the AM hoping I have some good neighbors.

It should show the last place it was connected, usually that is simply where you switched it off last time.
If the phantom flew out of range it might at least indicate which way it was heading.

Seems odd it thought it was still in the yard, and might indicate GPS issues more or less on take off.

Might your battery have been getting low, or have you had the early low-battery warning some have reported? Yesterday, I did a short Ground Station flight starting with a little over 50% battery. At 41% battery, the klaxon sounded and it started to descend over some 100' trees. It acted like it should at Critical Battery Level (15%) and I had to give full up-throttle to keep it above the trees until I could get it home. I had similar issues with this battery last winter, but it had behaved properly since then until this episode. Others have reported similar battery problems.
Had this happened while on the GS flight but outside of RC range, I'd probably be looking for my Phantom too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers