Feds are worried about us flying Phantoms but this is fine?

Reaction score
Look what happens when the US gov flies their drones, no risk to peoples safety? and they only use them to spy on people. The main claims by govs all over the place against multirotors with a camera is public safety and that it can be used in a way effecting peoples privacy. We dont use them purely for spying purposes and they don't close highways and go up in flames when something goes wrong like this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD7G5aAceYY[/youtube]

Re: Feds are worried about us flying Phantoms but this is fi

Its only a ploy to get more media coverage to hype up the liberals. So the GVT decides to crash one drone on a road to have the media say, "If the GVT can't keep them (UAVs) in the air, how can we trust "hobbyists" to keep their craft in the air?" "We (GVT) need to regulate them, register them, inspect them, and collect fees from the UAV pilots. Laugh now but I fear the worst is yet to come.
Its just a way to manipulate the masses, its disgusting really.

And you expect us to accept that a video showing a plume of black smoke from a tire fire is proof that a covert US drone crashed in FL?

Shame on you!

GoodnNuff said:
"It is an older fighter plane they have modified for use as a target," Lewis said. "The QF-4 is not a drone in the way we normally think of drones. It is not used for anything other than to be shot down. It is an old aircraft that would otherwise be sold for scrap
."

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/state/air-force-drone-crashes-in-north-florida#ixzz2ZLwOQKeF

So that is much better then a hobbyist flying a multirotor with a camera with no intention of crashing but, accidents do happen and some come down but its the last thing we ever want to happen. So are we allowed to fly in areas for a specific purpose of simply shooting our quad down. :?:

eyeinthesky said:
And you expect us to accept that a video showing a plume of black smoke from a tire fire is proof that a covert US drone crashed in FL?

Shame on you!

This drone did as intended except they crashed it too early and on a public road closing it for 24 hours or so, this is all good. When I am done with my phantom I think I will give it a sacrificial burial by flying it over a major road then use a heat seeking rocket launcher to shoot it down, sounds like fun. Should be all fine and legal as long as I don't sell the aerial footage :lol:

Funnily enough, they don't actually plan to crash them over roads. They've also been doing this for 15+ years, and just delivered the 300th one, so there's a fair operational history on them. As with manned aircraft, $#!^ happens.

It certainly looks freaky when you see a photo of an F-4 in flight with no pilot.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl