False battery temp reading and fast discharge

Hi Dragon16 .... I'm glad you opened it and it confirms what I posted ages ago ... the way the battery is put together with wires just crammed and pinched into a small space is 'shoddy' in my book.

We opened up a failed Original DJI battery and the battery itself is fine - but the board was the problem with wires shoved up against the back of it ... we repaired what we could - but board had suffered and could not be got working again.

Nice to hear you got yours working again. Well done.

Considering the prices asked for them - I think its terrible.

Nigel

Reactions: Stainlessstaffy
Sorry guys. I'm not a very good contributor. I never did make a follow-up post. Here's the rest of the story:

The Amazon seller from whom I bought the battery that failed refunded my money without requiring return of the battery, so I had the opportunity to disassemble it for a post-mortem. What I found is that the wires connecting the temp sensor to the circuit board had obviously been pinched between the case halves during assembly, and we're intermittently losing contact due to vibration during operation. I was able to strip the wire slightly, repair the break with solder, and reseal with shrink tubing. The repaired battery works great. I have had zero trouble with it since. Hope this helps.

I took a couple of pictures of the damaged wire, but the quality isn't great. I'll post them anyway.

View attachment 77051 View attachment 77052 View attachment 77053 View attachment 77055
Hey many thanks for that, This is possibly what is my problem too, However I obviously can't go ahead and attempt this till I have heard back from either DJI or my seller.
Many thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers