Drone Battery causes home fire.

Reaction score
I think the link will explain best but it's always good (safe) to keep an eye on battery maintenance and don't leave them unattended..

Is it possible that much of this is caused by those Cheap Chinese made third party CHARGERS that our sold everywhere as the quality of those chargers our sketchy at best.

No one ever mentions the Chargers being used. With that said i might have to build a charging shed station outside on a bridge on top of the River and add a Nest Cam for movment .
:rolleyes:
Phantomrain.org
Coal

Reactions: Basspig
Yeh pretty scary stuff,no mention of make of drone looking at melted mess had to say..poor bugger anyway,I'd say that good wake up call to us all,take care

I think the link will explain best but it's always good (safe) to keep an eye on battery maintenance and don't leave them unattended..

Thanks for the reminder and hope you don’t mind but did repost that in the forums I’m in. ?

Reactions: BigAl07
It doesn't look like it was a Phantom or Mavic but it's hard to tell from the melted and burned remains.

That's not far from here. I hope to get more details about it soon.

If anyone sees any additional details please post them here.

Reactions: dirkclod
It doesn't look like it was a Phantom or Mavic but it's hard to tell from the melted and burned remains.

That's not far from here. I hope to get more details about it soon.

If anyone sees any additional details please post them here.
I thought it looked like a Karma or Hubsan 109. Huey2 alerted me to the article and lives in Matthews. He's also a pilot and may be able to find some additional info.

I thought it looked like a Karma or Hubsan 109. Huey2 alerted me to the article and lives in Matthews. He's also a pilot and may be able to find some additional info.

That would be great if he could find out more details for our community.

For the record, I don't think that those of us using DJI components have to worry about "off brand chargers" like non-Smart batteries do. The charging decisions (and safe guards) are built into the battery itself for that very reason. This way the charger only need to supply current and the SMART portion of the battery decides what to do with it from there.

Huey 1 here,

(Huey 1 Banditsroost not Huey 2) Im going tomorrow to see if I can make contact with the owner, If I do I will post.

Howdy "neighbor".

I'm up in the western portion of the state so "globally speaking just down the road LOL!

So why was he not close to the Li-Po under Charge ????
Again... operator error. Could have been easily avoided... IMO

Jerry

I always place my batteries inside the oven with the door closed when charging them. It just feels safer but, depending on how hot they get, Im not sure it would contain a super hot explosion.

Li-po batteries under charge don't explode.;)
The heat up and puff as they out gas then then
they ignite causing the adjacent cells to heat
up, out gas and also ignite.

Jerry

Reactions: Phantom Pirate
I'm up in the western portion of the state so "globally speaking just down the road LOL!
BigA107 and BanditsRoost, I went by the house 3 times over the weekend and still not a soul in sight and it appears nothing is being done, the owner was on TV last night saying that his insurance has said they will not cover the damage. I will keep riding by and post if I find out anything.

The phone number has been disconnected. Huey 1 has been by the house several times and no sign of activity or rebuilding.
I will be down there this Saturday and try to give an update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT