Do I need a camera/gimbal fitted to be able to link RC to AC ?

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm presuming a P3 can be operated and flown minus the camera/gimbal unit if I want to test the RC & AC ??

To do this I'm trying to link a GL300A to a P3Adv (less camera/gimbal unit). Used items purchased separately.

No success so far. I can get the RC into linking mode (blue blinking) via hard link and using DJI GO, but no joy on the RC (either constant red led or red/green alternate flashing, but no constant green).

If the lack of a camera isn't the issue then does it look like a firmware problem?

Any advice much appreciated.

Sounds familiar. My purchased used, GL300A is version 1.2.6 links easily to AC & gets camera feed & control.. Wont start the aircraft though.. red light on remote(disconnected) THIS IS FOR P3P

Much research & helpful forum members has it narrowed to updates x 2 required by micro USB card reader thru the back of remote FIRST, & then going forward after with further updates needed or required to start aircraft thru the DJI Go app.
I intend to update my findings on this procedure soon.

Can you find out what version your RC has by the App, "ABOUT" setting's?

My old Phantom 4 still works perfectly after a crash that ripped the camera and gimbal off. I also broke the landing legs but glued them back just to test the flight ability and everything still works but no camera.

Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

Many thanks for the help.

Good to know the RC/AC units still work even when minus the camera/gimbal unit.

So it looks like I have firmware incompatibility issues or faulty equipment...... :-(

I tried to use DJI GO's 'about' section to quiz for the RC firmware version but it won't seem to recognise it.
Could this be because the AC/RC aren't linked?
Or maybe the RC is faulty?
I've attached a screenshot. Any ideas what the big alpha numeric is about?

I've had another go at linking, the AC and RC both go into a red/green flashing mode, as if communicating. But they just stay that way (for over an hour).

Best regards to all,
Rick.

Attachments

• OneShot_20190125_163141.png
    OneShot_20190125_163141.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members