DJI Phantom FC40 Forum

Yes it's in there hidden upside down so at least we know we can update the trans in the future, i did find a video some where showing that the upper pot is the gimble that's why i opened back up to have another look.

Have you played around with the other setting like IOC and the other switch also firmware up date stuff like this i am chicken to fool with it fly's so well i don't want to screw it up.

Dennis

Another question if i were to install the gimble control on my trans how dose this correspond to a gimble on the quad it would have to be plugged into some control is it inside the quad ready to go.

Dennis

Thanks so then if i wanted to i could install at a later date a gimble and a gopro if so i happy i went with the fc40.

Dennis

Does anyone know where to find a 2.4Ghz Module for these transmitters? They can be removed by pulling it off the board. I want to convert my FC40 controller into 2.4Ghz to use FatShark FPV.

Can any one tell me how to take the pictures out of the fc40 album and send them to a device ? Such as my computer or laptop.So that way I can post them.

I, too, am having difficulty connecting the camera to the DJI FC40 app. I go through all steps, get the screen that identifies the FC40 WiFi, tap on it and get another screen that asks for a password with choices of "cancel" or "ok". Tapping on either choice simply goes back into a loop that shows the camera WiFi name again and then the Password - cancel/OK choice again....never opening the visual connection between the iPhone screen and the camera's view. What help can anyone suggest?

rogerdel said:
Can any one tell me how to take the pictures out of the fc40 album and send them to a device ? Such as my computer or laptop.So that way I can post them.

The camera has a mini USB port, use the cable provided with your FC40 and transfer directly to your computer.

Did a flight today at a different location 1/4 mile up the road and had it about10 ft. no problem ,went higher about 20 and it had a mine of it,s own .I got it down and tried it again and same thing happened.I was near a bulding 25 ft which has a wi fi could that have interfered?I also tried at my regu
ar field today to go to atti and the light contiued to flash green same as gps mode did not change also at times in flight in gps i noticed i had no light then it came back.just asking.Trying to learn this.

Seems I have a unique issue happening here...

My FC40 Stock has been flew many hours and without issue. Suddenly, when near out of range from controller but still within site (barely) I noticed it wildly going up and down, up and down, say 100ft up/down. Out of instinct I flipped to FailSafe as I havge configured for my top right switch (bottom position)
My phantom barely made it back to home, but continued to be unstable, pulling down brought it down but with no control to land softly. I originally though my battery fell out, and secured it with Velco.

After the crash in the tree to land as you can see, I calibrated, checked and everything and done my phantom rituals in preparation of another flight. The Phantom flew OK during a few test flights, down low and close.

I just attempted another long range flight approx 300FT high and out of range radius, AND IT DONE IT AGAIN. I noticed this time, the battery was still secure. I done the best I could do landing it in the grass and was not as nervous as the first time.

Fact is, I am now afraid to fly it, anybody no about this?

easternmike said:

My FC40 Stock has been flew many hours and without issue. Suddenly, when near out of range from controller but still within site (barely) I noticed it wildly going up and down, up and down, say 100ft up/down. Out of instinct I flipped to FailSafe as I havge configured for my top right switch (bottom position)
My phantom barely made it back to home, but continued to be unstable, pulling down brought it down but with no control to land softly. I originally though my battery fell out, and secured it with Velco.

After the crash in the tree to land as you can see, I calibrated, checked and everything and done my phantom rituals in preparation of another flight. The Phantom flew OK during a few test flights, down low and close.

I just attempted another long range flight approx 300FT high and out of range radius, AND IT DONE IT AGAIN. I noticed this time, the battery was still secure. I done the best I could do landing it in the grass and was not as nervous as the first time.

This turns out to be a lose wire (single pin) loose from connector. The wire from compass to GPS. At least I hope that was the cause, possibly a battery failure (new battery) even though I was not able to isolate it to that better due to not having paid attention.

easternmike said:

Check your batteries in the transmitter. is the compass firmly attached to the leg and is the data cable secured to it without being loose or anything? I'm no expert but the issue kind of sounds like lost connection to the transmitter or compass failed during flight. could you see what the led's where saying? Green, yellow or red?

Wedeliver said:
Check your batteries in the transmitter. is the compass firmly attached to the leg and is the data cable secured to it without being loose or anything? I'm no expert but the issue kind of sounds like lost connection to the transmitter or compass failed during flight. could you see what the led's where saying? Green, yellow or red?

It was also doing this while in FailSafe, (no transmission). I think you are spot on with the compass connection. I did discover one of the pins quite loose going to the GPS. Also noticed prior to taking apart the shell and hooking up to NAZA Assistant, that the IMU (NAZA) was going from Ready to Idle state intermittently. It is no longer doing this since reconnecting the wire.. Thanks for your response. I was unable to see the LED during this issue. I reset and re-calibrated during take apart.. Seems to be flying more stable than ever right now.

I do not get flashing yellow light in atti mode? Always flashing green?Any reason for this?

rogerdel said:
I do not get flashing yellow light in atti mode? Always flashing green?Any reason for this?

Does the NAZA assistant show your controller going into Atti?

Here is a update.checked when plugged into software this is what I get. U_783gps. 1click down atti 0. Two click down778. X1 no movement

easternmike said:
Wedeliver said:
It was also doing this while in FailSafe, (no transmission). I think you are spot on with the compass connection. I did discover one of the pins quite loose going to the GPS. Also noticed prior to taking apart the shell and hooking up to NAZA Assistant, that the IMU (NAZA) was going from Ready to Idle state intermittently. It is no longer doing this since reconnecting the wire.. Thanks for your response. I was unable to see the LED during this issue. I reset and re-calibrated during take apart.. Seems to be flying more stable than ever right now.

Issue still exist, I can not land unless is use manual mode (activated in NAZA) this is very difficult yet makes it possible, The craft fly properly but at some point just starts going up and down by 50-100 ft. or so and has to be inched back towards home landing. HELP!! ON hponh now holding for DJI, which will most likely be a waste of time.

I have narrowed down a few things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAJVUIzPwB4

Does not go up and down in manual mode.
In fail safe it falls fast about 50 ft and them climbs towards its home landing, eventually placing itself over home but still going up and down.

I flip to manual mode in order to get it to the ground without plummeting

Pushing the throttle or pulling it has some affect on its up and down.

No un-normal led flashes.

Turned of Batter warning 1st and second to isolate if that was a problem.

Happens with different batteries in controller and unit.

Re calibrated and reset to the fullest, still does the same. No loose wires that I can see.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers