DJI Phantom 3 Leaked Info

yes but different controller, it lacks HDMI and that could mean 15fps streaming FPV
I just don't see them cannibalizing their Inspire market by offering too much parity. The dumbed down inspire controller would be a cost savings by using the same form factor but the internals may not be what are expected.

yes but different controller, it lacks HDMI and that could mean 15fps streaming FPV

No HDMI or CANBUS port but most of us Inspire guys don't use the HDMI port, and nothing uses the CANBUS port right now anyway.

It'll be 720p to the app like the Inspire. Somebody picked apart the latest DJI Pilot app update on the Inspire forum and found images of the Phantom 3 clearly marked as such, to display during compass calibration etc, so it'll be the same app for sure.

The larger controller port is definitely USB to the app/device, again like the Inspire remote.

I'll venture a guess they'll not offer a 2nd controller option for the camera operator on the Phantom line.

But man, this really degrades the value of the Inspire. Hopefully they'll offer an MFT 4K camera upgrade option for the Inspire to help us I1 folks feel better :)

Last edited:
No HDMI or CANBUS port but most of us Inspire guys don't use the HDMI port, and nothing uses the CANBUS port right now anyway.

It'll be 720p to the app like the Inspire. Somebody picked apart the latest DJI Pilot app update on the Inspire forum and found images of the Phantom 3 clearly marked as such, to display during compass calibration etc, so it'll be the same app for sure.

The larger controller port is definitely USB to the app/device, again like the Inspire remote.

I'll venture a guess they'll not offer a 2nd controller option for the camera operator on the Phantom line.

But man, this really degrades the value of the Inspire. Hopefully they'll offer an MFT 4K camera upgrade option for the Inspire to help us I1 folks feel better :)
What purpose has the HDMI port ? Is it Video out to a 2nd display? I hope the video stream is USB to tablet and not WIFI to tablet because in the P3 Ad there is no cable. Maybe its just because it looks not nice in an AD. Yes i know about the Pilot App and those pictures. The only thing i hope or wish is a non fisheye lens

HDMI is to go to a TV monitor, video stream is from usb to a tablet or mobile device. The time is nearly folks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31