DJI Phantom 2 Short Flight Time

Reaction score
Hello,

I am pretty new to quadcopters, but from what I've seen everyone is getting around 10 minute flight times on their Phantom with the standard battery. I am seeing flight times of about 2.5 minutes when I get the red warning lights and it begins to land. I don't have a camera or any extra load attached. Flying pretty lightly. Same results on two different batteries.

My first thought was that the charger that comes with it wasn't fully charging. But I went to a local hobby shop and I charged one up on my charger, then checked the readings with a device and it showed a full battery. So that ruled out the charger.

Then I ran down the battery until the auto-landing. We checked the battery and it showed a battery with 60% capacity left. This makes me think that the low voltage warning is being activated too early, and not that something in the phantom is causing the battery to burn off quickly.

Anyone have any ideas on why the low voltage warning would be tripping? I looked at the voltage settings in the Naza software and it was set to the default numbers. Any help would be appreciated!

Jaryd

SCADAMON said:
Do a battery calibration in the software..

That's probably what I need to do. The software says the battery is at 11.3V, and I'm pretty sure the device in the store said it was higher than that. Thanks for the tip!

Just to do an update, I was able to do a calibration on the battery in the assistant software and that solved my problem. When the battery was at 12.6V the phantom thought it was at 11.6V. That would explain the short flight times :)

Thanks to all who helped!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers