Damsel in Distress lol

Reaction score
Hi all, Im new to the site and drone flying. Im so uncoordinated at the moment I write L&R (left & Right) F&B (forward& back) on one hand and U&D ( Up & Down) A (around) on the other. Yes Im a woman, blonde and age isnt on my side lol But Im giving it a go as I have just started travelling around Aus on a working holiday and reckon I might see some awesome sites.
Soooo I have a problem.
I took my Phantom 3S out for a fly and there was a storm in the distance. My drone took off so far I couldn't see it. I thought I had lost it and hit the home button and it came back eventually lol
As it was coming home it clipped a tree and stayed up there for 2 days.
Im passed my tree climbing days.
Anyway it fell out yesterday falling about 15-20ft. Looks ok on the outside but think I have problems on the inside.
I charged all batteries and all came on ok.
It asked me to rotate 360 both ways which I did. I comes up with Magnetic Field Interference and Aircraft is in Attitude mode, so that it will not hover. Please fly with caution.
Im the only one that is meant to have attitude!! lol
So I go to take off and its says..
"Cannot locate aircraft position in the current environment. Ensure that it is safe to take off. The aircraft will fly to an elevation of 1.2 m and hover"
Compass is abnormal- I do the rotating and still has the problem.
Overall Status Abnormal
Im feeling abnormal myself lol
Can anyone help me..Im happy to ring you to walk me through what I need to do.

Firstly welcome to the world of drones and travelling around Australia. Assuming that you haven't lunched the internals of the drone, it sounds like you have the aircraft linked to the controller (green lights on both). If the app is asking you to do a compass calibration, again assuming that the aircraft survived the tree experience, have you tried moving to another area that is free from electrical or steel structure inteference? Any of the above will play havoc with your compass and trying to do a calibration will be difficult and potentially nasty if you get the drone back into the air. Are both S1 and S2 switches in the uppermost position on the controller? If the app is saying Attitude mode, it may be just the switch setting.

Reactions: plain_jane29
Should I be saying thank you?? lol If Im not going grey by now, I will be soon. Im ex WA in QLD atm.
Ive been watching all the youtube stuff
Ive recalibrated my IMU and gimbel.
Ive deleted my APP and reinstalled.
Can you private message me and can I call you?

Should I be saying thank you?? lol If Im not going grey by now, I will be soon. Im ex WA in QLD atm.
Ive been watching all the youtube stuff
Ive recalibrated my IMU and gimbel.
Ive deleted my APP and reinstalled.
Can you private message me and can I call you?
PM sent. I think....

Compass is abnormal- I do the rotating and still has the problem.
It sounds like you may have broken a fine wire to the compass sensor.
Go to the Sensors section in the app settings and see what it tells you about the compass.
If it's showing zeros like this .....
i-NQPCKHx-M.jpg

That's telling you that the compass is disconnected and no amount of recalibrating will have any effect.

If that's the case. you probably just need a new compass which is part of the landing gear.

Reactions: plain_jane29
Thank you. Im just going to try two things out first to eliminate them. Then see how I go.

Meta4> I just had a look at what you suggested and yes its showing zero's and compass warnings also.
So tomorrow, when I buy some torque set screwdrivers, I will take the lid off the drone and have a look at the wiring.
I ran a earth magnet over the leg where the compass sits and I felt this did help but didn't fix the problem.
I will keep you informed as to my progress as I might need to know where to get some parts from. Regards PJ

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj