Crystal Sky Monitor

I should note, i dont disagree with you. im just annoyed there was no 'warning: this is a useless device that we install old versions of facebook, twitter, and instagram on but wont let you update, enjoy the potential security issues' disclaimer.
Maybe right at introduction, but at this point you'd have to be a pretty uninformed buyer to not be aware of the limitations.

I bought a P4P+ and had zero problems and felt it was exactly what it was advertised to be, but ultimately decided to return it for a standard P4P due to all the restrictions. If enough people avoid the P4P+ for that reason maybe it will impact future decisions by DJI. But then again if it is intended to be a foolproof, plug and play system for those new to the hobby then maybe not, but at its current price point it's certainly not an entry-level unit.

Yeah if I can't load litchi then I'm not interested. I'll just buy a little hood for my ipad and be done.

Here are some more photos. What isn't shown is the required USB cable from the RC to the display. However there is an interesting interconnect on the bottom of the unit that may be a clue for what's coming on future RCs.

aef557f15d64b5469f3ee548d21c215a.jpg
42b7395b9760a799c79a789659e6f40d.jpg
e62b2b6644a04ee1384e66fe65360458.jpg
ded6fe56f6857eb50b32684a08296d86.jpg
bcccbc121044075b82a47e1472630ea0.jpg
3f2a5c610adc97921146af6986ae03d9.jpg

I am curious about the switch on the side of the rth button.

Sent from my Satellite Phone using PhantomPilots

That controller is for the Inspire 2. The switch is for the landing gear retracts. However if you look at the mount it's adaptable to previous controllers, except the P4P+.

Mount seems to be compatible with Phantom 3 controllers and later (no P4P+). Sounds like we should be seeing it release sometime within this quarter so theoretically it could be another 2 months until it's out. We'll just have to wait and see. :oops:

Mount seems to be compatible with Phantom 3 controllers and later (no P4P+). Sounds like we should be seeing it release sometime within this quarter so theoretically it could be another 2 months until it's out. We'll just have to wait and see. :oops:
Yes, it does look compatible with P3 and P4 and Inspire controllers. The self powered display is key for that compatibility. The robust mount is to handle the extra weight of a rather heavy display device. I estimate the weight of that Crystal Sky display to be over twice the weight of an iPad Mini, so a strong mounting device was designed to enable easy attachment and detachment, making it easy and portable to replay SD card video straight to a bigscreen TV via HDMI, like a DVR. I expect this to be released at the NAB show in April. I heard rumors a new drone will be released at NAB too, but it's likely an industrial type drone, the likes of M600 or something in that realm. I'll be blown away if it's a P5, but I truly don't expect that, I would almost bet money on it. But at the same time, I would have bet money at halftime the Patriots were toast. Miracles happen, glad I was wrong.

Yes, it does look compatible with P3 and P4 and Inspire controllers. The self powered display is key for that compatibility. The robust mount is to handle the extra weight of a rather heavy display device. I estimate the weight of that Crystal Sky display to be over twice the weight of an iPad Mini, so a strong mounting device was designed to enable easy attachment and detachment, making it easy and portable to replay SD card video straight to a bigscreen TV via HDMI, like a DVR. I expect this to be released at the NAB show in April. I heard rumors a new drone will be released at NAB too, but it's likely an industrial type drone, the likes of M600 or something in that realm. I'll be blown away if it's a P5, but I truly don't expect that, I would almost bet money on it. But at the same time, I would have bet money at halftime the Patriots were toast. Miracles happen, glad I was wrong.
I'll be at the NAB Show John. Was there last year too. I can't wait to see what DJI has coming up man. I hope this new monitor comes out asap!

Reactions: Advexure
Will they ever release this thing?
Someday they will. Keep in mind they are under no pressure to release it because there is nothing else like it on the market, YET. I suppose they are struggling with Android to do what they need it to do. I'm sure they have seen all of the complaints about it being a dedicated device, no access to the play store, no ability to load other third party apps. Maybe they're trying to fix that limitation. OK, I'm know I'm dreaming, but I can always hope. Someday Samsung or LG will have a 2000nit tablet. You wait and see.

Reactions: DronePilotOne

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
designerbags