Converting a Phantom Lens to NDVI

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been doing a crazy amount of research into arg drone use. I have a spare P3P Lens module on hand, and i was wondering if it would be possible to add a NDVI filter (something like this: NDVI Blue 446nm + NIR 800nm [Supermount] – Peau Productions ) into the CMOS end of the Lens module and convert the P3P cam into a NDVI cam? I know peau and irpro make conversion lenses, but this would really be a budget option. Thoughts?

The mechanics of mounting a filter between the lens and sensor could be really tricky! There wouldn't be a lot of space there and the potential for damaging the comes would be high. Notice that the Peau filter is designed to fit the GoPro super mount. Someone else has already done the engineering on that. Irpro already sells Phantom lenses. Since they already make NDVI filters for GoPro shouldn't be a big job for them to insert one in the phantom lenses. Might be worth doing a survey to see how much interest there might be in getting such a lens. Put me down for one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj