Car charging.. Safe or not? P3

Are there any facts about simul sine inverters? I have one and wonder if there Abby tell harm to using those one every few months

Not sure I understand what you're asking - the "cheap" inverters produce a modified sine wave output and yes they can damage your equipment. Unlikely to damage the batteries themselves but...I think I might bite the bullet and spend a bit more to get a pure sine wave inverter rather than risk it.

I think that a DC-DC convertor is less efficient then a good AC convertor coupled to your charger.
With a DC-DC convertor from 12 up to 17,5 V you "loose" almost 6volts by a current of approx 7 amps. It's quite a lot. Thats the reason you need a heavy heatsink.

IIRC switching regulators don't actually just dump that excess - they're much more efficient and sometimes don't even need heatsinks

My jeep has a standard electrical outlet plug in, I would assume its all good.
If I were to guess, the jeep probably has a modified sine wave output (the "potentially damaging" kind)

My cheapo modified sine wave inverter has arrived. I'm in two minds whether to send it back or keep it and see how it goes.

ESeekGo car charger can help you charge quickly. I use eseekgo quick charge 3.0 and work perfectly. Have a try!

My F150 has a factory 110/120 receptacle it works just like plugging it in at home. Batteries fully charge in about the same time and work with no problems. However, I don't charge them until they have cooled to amient temperature.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4